Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1969- Diana Ross

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:29 pm

LaToya's Autobiography, 1990

Chico apparently developed a crush on me, leading Diana to speculate about us becoming a couple. I really liked him but thought of him more as a brother. Michael would tease, ”Guess what Diana said today:’Latoya is so right for Chico. I wish those two would get together, because he’s a little wild, He needs somebody like her.”’ Michael, a brilliant mimic, imitated Diana’s voice and manner, which was always hilarious to watch.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Michael "dandles" Diana on his lap at an Oscars party, People Magazine, April 15th, 1991

But all turned out fine. Michael, tit-for-tat, dandled Diana Ross on his lap before Madonna returned and joined him for a grand exit.

Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 E8ka6s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Diana says Michael shuts her out, The Rock Hill Herald - 23 Jun 1991

“Stevie has never shut me out,” she says. But Michael (Jackson)-when he wants to see me, he sees me; when he doesn’t he kind of close the door. There’s no reaching him, there’s no finding him, there’s no anything. He’s just this illusive love out there. Somebody you care about, want to protect in a strange kind of way, feeling motherly toward him, but at the same time you can’t reach him and don’t know where he is. But Stevie’s always been there for me and really special.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Diana Ross says she doesn't believe he changed his appearance to look like her "you see, we actually love each other", interview on Larry King, 1991

KING: You had such a long relationship with Michael Jackson back when he was a young recording star. There are rumors that he changed his looks to look like you. How do you describe Michael Jackson – Diana Ross? What is that?

DIANA ROSS, SINGER: You see, we actually love each other. And he is like one of my children. When he started his career, I introduced him on their very first television show, which was the “Ed Sullivan Show.”

And then I had my own television special at that time. And I introduced them, the Jackson Five, on the television special.

And I took a special interest in him. And we were very close.

When the boys came from Indiana, they stayed with me in my house in California, and I was their house mother. And I took care of them until their parents came. So we just built a relationship in the early days.

And then he went on to have his own career, which he’s very, very talented. And he became so very, very successful. Just like skyrocketed, the whole family, actually.

KING: Are you as close now?

ROSS: Not as close now. I don’t get to see him very much. And that’s because, again, my life has just gone in a different direction. I live in Europe a lot of time with my husband.

And so it’s just that we don’t see each other half as much as I would like to see him. I did see him maybe a couple months ago and introduced him to my sons, my boys. And my little one, Evan, loves music and wants to look like Michael Jackson.

KING: Do you think he wants to look like you? Do you buy that?

ROSS: No, I don’t buy that at all.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Michael says it took him a "years, a hell of a long time" to get over Diana Ross, Glenda audio, June 1992

G: Tell me something, you know what? you told me before that you’re the loneliest person

M: I am!

G: Then how can you be that way when there’s so many people..

M: ‘Cause I don’t love those people like that! I want to be with someone…I want to know what a relationship is all about before I die, cant you understand that girl?… I never had.. I mean I’ve been with Tate.. I’ve been, well not with.. I been with Tate..I thought I was with Diana.. it was just in my own mind..

G: You were a little boy..

M: I know, I have never had a real relationship, my brothers have been married… My brothers have had girlfriends. I really haven’t had that….

G: How long did it take you to get over Diana?

M: Years. A HELL of a long time. I just wanna know what it’s like girl, to have a real relationship with someone who doesn’t want me for me… that I dont, I don’t have to look over my shoulder all the time…

G: Who doesn’t have an ulterior motive..?

M: Yeah, that doesn’t question me. I mean (inaudible) I dont… and, and… like La Toya said in her book… she said, either I am going to have to find somebody who doesn’t know who the heck I am or deal with somebody who’s career is equally as important, or equally like mine.

G: Well, a nix to both of those.

M: What am I gonna do? I don’t want to die without knowing about… having a real relationship with a women or being involved…

[...]

M: Like living with Diane. They tell you what to say, what not to say. The lies I had to tell. Um. Diana. Diana discovered the Jacksons. That wasn’t true. She did not discover us. But it’s publicity. It’s pretend.

S- Who discovered you really?

M- Bobby Taylor and we went to a party and, uh, Gladys Knight. Diana, Diane had nothin’ to do with it.

S- I guess she was just the big name at the time huh?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Dedicates Remember The Time with love to Diana Ross, March 3rd 1992
http://www.amazon.com/Remember-Time-Dedicated-Together-McCartney/dp/B002F1QPQU/

“Dedicated With Love to Diana Ross”.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Bodyguard on tour says Michael wouldn't grab his crotch in the show when he knew Diana and her kids were there, July 15th, 1992, Oslo Germany Dangerous World Tour

Michael Jackson’s Bodyguard on DWT, Bravo Magazine, (pb 93)

Michael would be nervous only when he knows in the crowd there are some of his friends. Example- in Oslo, I noticed he never grabbed his crotch, he only placed his hand on the thigh. Later, I found out that Diana Ross was with her kids watching.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Name checked in the video for his song about cheating, "Who Is It?" August 31st, 1992

Name-checked in his video for the song, “Who Is It”

Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 2u5cs91
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Michael says he always had a crush on Diana in response to who quenches his desire, Oprah Winfrey, Feb 1993

Oprah: What kind of woman makes you…in the video we’re going to see later, we premier the world video, there’s a line where you talk about being quenched. So what kind of person does that for you?

Michael: [Sings] Quench my desire … Well Brooke, I’ve always liked her and when I was little I used to stay with Diana Ross, me and my brother stayed with her for years and I never said, but I always had a crush on her.

Oprah: You did?

Michael: Yes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Michael mentions Diana in his 1993 Grammy legend awards

Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 20iyplu
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:40 pm

During the allegations, Mid 1993

Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 01-37

Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 02-34
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Diana Ross speaks about Michael in her memoir, Secrets of a sparrow, 31st Oct, 1993

I have always known Michael to be a decent, sweet and loving person who wants very much to make a difference in the world by helping others, especially children. He cares about animals and nature, and he believes that with a positive attitude we can have whatever we want. He would like to produce and direct, and I believe that he will have those opportunities. Whatever he does I hope that he never stops making his beautiful music.

Michael was about eleven when we met. He was artistic, a quality that he and I shared. I remember that we used to go out to buy paints and easels and we did artwork together. He was always wonderful to be around. I am pleased that I touched him in the early days of his life, and I am sad now I don’t have time to see him more often and to know him better. Careers have a way of separating people. Whether we are together or apart, my love for him never stops. It makes me happy that at one time we were close and that he cares for me. My love for him remains very dear, and our friendship will always be very important to me.

“When the Jackson 5 first came to California, they all moved in with me. They have always been good to me. Despite the negative things that have been written about them, I knew them to be a unique family. People have picked them apart and gossiped about what they did or didn’t do, but in my eyes Michael’s mother is a very special and loving woman. The strength in those Jackson kids exists because of the strength and character of their father. Parenting is never easy. If you’re too hard, you lose the kids; if you’re too easy, you also lose them. Some fathers just have to be tough. Maybe if he hadn’t been tough, the kids would never have arrived where they are today. Maybe the Jackson children will grow up to be very fine parents as a result of their own tough upbringing. I would like very much to see Michael settle down with a family of his own.”

“It was at this meeting that they told me they were considering Michael Jackson for the role of the Scarecrow, Dorothy’s first friend along the path, who is looking for his brain, or deeper knowledge. I was enthusiastic. I thought it would be wonderful for Michael and me to work together. Michael and I were pretty close during that time. We spoke on the phone every couple of days and usually saw each other about once a week, when our careers permitted. Even though this would be Michael’s very first acting role, I told them that I considered him an ideal choice. His personality suited the role, he was a superb dancer and there was a great deal of dancing designed for this lavish musical production, and we were already very close friends.”
Quote:

“…but Michael’s makeup was a different story.It was probably the most difficult of anyone’s in the film, and it certainly took the most time to apply. I remember seeing poor little Michael, he was very young and inexperienced then, sitting there every morning for hours and hours, having his makeup painstakingly done and redone. And then there was the added difficulty of removing it every night, a process that must have been quite damaging to his skin, a possible source for the severe skin problems that he is presently experiencing and doesn’t want to speak about.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Diana speaks about Michael's current well being on Regis and Kathy Lee, December 1993

Q: One more movie now, The Wiz. The Wiz with the great cast, let’s see, Russel of course, Michael Jackson. Now Michael, you knew him since he was a little little boy.
DR: Yes, yes. Since he was about 8 or 9.
Q: So many people are now claiming that they discovered the Jacksons, what was your relationship with him?
DR: I think Berry Gordy discovered them at a step. I think I gave them an opportunity on my television specials to be introduced to the American audience. And they were really young then.
Q: They came and lived with you for a while too, didn’t they?
DR: I had a place in California, they were moving from their home to California, so they stayed with me for a while. Michael’s very creative. And you know, this is a family in trouble right now.
Q: Does it break your heart to see what’s happening?
DR: Yes, yes. All the support. I saw the family on television the other night and I just sat there and I just felt the pain. And I know they’re trying very hard to pull together. It’s a family in trouble and they need our prayers, for the right thing to happen really.
Q: Have you been in touch with him personally?
DR: Yes, I did. I’ve spoken to them twice.
Q: And he’s getting the help he needs you think?
DR: I hope so. I’m not sure, see, I have been away from Michael’s life for quite some time. So I don’t know all the people that he has surrounding him or what-
Q: That’s a big problem isn’t it…
DR: – Well, I heard his mother say, ‘I can sleep better at night.’ I didn’t understand what she meant then, you know through that interview the other night.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Diana refuses to speak on the allegations, Jan 14, 1994

Ross flatly refused to discuss her friend Michael Jackson and his troubles. But did say:

I’m about as famous as I would like to be. I wouldn’t want to be any more famous. I wouldn’t like to be Madonna, or Michael or Whitney, because I can have a life. I can walk on the streets, I can take my kids to the school, I can drive my cars. I think they have a difficult time having a normal, balanced life.’ ‘
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Diana speaks about Michael, Nowhere To Run: Story of Soul Music, (pub. 1st August, 1994)

It’s a strange life. When I leave all of that…”She waves a hand at the racks of stage costumes, the lavish buffet, the flowers, the cases full of makeup. “I mean, when i go home and go to bed–by myself–it’s confusing.”

For some performers, that confusion can pose serious adjustment problems. This worries her about her very dear friend Michael Jackson, who missed out not only on normal teen years but on a childhood as well. He has been the featured player since he was old enough to tie his shoes, never knew the inside of a school bus, and watched cartoon shows from the back seats of limousines. He was only ten when as part of the Jackson Five he came to live in Diana’s Hollywood home once Motown moved west. By the time he was twenty-four he had written for her and produced her single, “Muscles”.

“It was weird, she says, “but I had to force him into being the dominant one when I was singing his song ‘Muscles’. One night in the studio he said, ‘I just can’t. I can’t tell you what to do.’ And I said, ‘You’re the man. You’re the boss on this one.’ I know him so well. But sometimes even I’m stunned at how he can be so shy. He’ll hide, he’ll talk like this”–she lowers her voice to a halting whisper–”then you let him onstage and he turns into this sexy, macho thing. Offstage I try to get him to step out socially, to get a little more out of himself. He spends a lot of time, to much time by himself.”

She asked him to go see Dreamgirls for her and give her a report. She tries to coax him to Connecticut for quite weekends. Once, when she was really concerned, she rented a yacht and took Michael and her daughters sailing in the Caribbean. On the boat he was like one of her children, running across the decks, playing hide-and-seek. Over dinner he was her friend and confidant.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Diana Ross says they don't speak as often as they used to, The ATTITUDE MAGAZINE, September 1994

MICHAEL JACKSON

“We don’t get to speak as often as we used to. Careers have a way of separating people. Whether we are together or apart, our friendship will always be very important to me, whatever he chooses to do with his life. I’ve always wanted to see Michael settle down with a family of his own, and now it seems that he has done that.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Diana takes her children to visit Michael in hospital, Saturday, December 9th 1995

Motown songbird Diana Ross brought her two youngest sons to visit ailing Michael Jackson yesterday, even as bulging plastic bags of Warner Bros. gifts and a huge statue were trundled into the star’s sickroom.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Diana sits on Michael's lap during her performance of Ain't No Mountain High Enough, World Music Awards, May 8, 1996

Michael makes a break in the Ghost shooting to attend the World Music Awards in. At the end of the ceremony he gets on stage to hug Diana Ross. Diana Ross sits on his lap during her performance of, “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” singing the words, “If you need me/call me/no matter where you are/no matter how far,” to him.

After the show a reporter catches up and fires some quick questions at him:

“Michael, you got to see Diana again.”
MJ: (Inaudible?) I love her dearly.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Diana Ross says her recording of You Are Not Alone was a way of reaching out to Michael, radio interview, December 1996

Superstar Diana Ross says she has now lost touch with Michael Jackson – who was once her young soul- mate on the legendary Motown label. Ross, a stunning 52 admits: “I care deeply about Michael as I’ve known him since he was really a child. But I never see him these days I only read what you read in the papers about him. I guess it’s true that he’s having a baby. I know he loves children.”

Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 28mk409
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Diana Ross helps induct him into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, May 6, 1997

Diana Ross is one of the people present to induct him into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Diana and Arne separate, May 1, 1999

Diana Ross and Arne Naess announce their separation.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Diana releases her album "Every Day Is A New Day," which includes a song "Drop The Mask" which seems to allude to Michael, May 4th, 1999

Included in the Japanese release is a song entitled, “Drop The Mask,” which includes the lyrics; “I was there when it all began/ I still remember the boy within the man/ I understand what it means to run and hide/
There’s so much that we’re holding onto deep down inside.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Diana Ross says Michael called her on the phone the other night, Time, May 17, 1999
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,990987,00.html

Recently Ross received a phone call from a friend–Michael Jackson–who was also working on a new album. “Late, late at night I get a call: ‘Hello, Diana?’ I said, ‘Michael, is that you?’ He said he was working on an album, and the album would be out sometime in the year 2000.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Diana Live on MSN, June 5, 2000 (live interview)

“Dish Diva” : From judydee2 at dianarossandthesupre mes.net: My friend Joe is Diana’s greatest fan! We are traveling all the way from London to Las Vegas just to see your show on 5th August. This question is for all of you What is the furthest you would travel to see your favourite star and who would that be?
DianaAndSupremes : Diana: I don’t know how far I would travel to see a performer but I just traveled to London to see a special award for being courageous. So I think I would travel for something like that, saving someone, and other good causes. I was under a lot of pressure that day and I remember that they were giving this honor to people who have done something courageous and we make our parents, policemen that save people’s lives, teachers, as our role model. I know that my teacher, parents, sister have been my heros. I think I would travel miles to do the things that Princess Di did. Go to hospitals to give small children stuffed animals that don’t have anything. For me, I love performers, but where I’m at in my life, I want to be the voice of those people who can’t speak for themselves. I’d love to see Michael Jackson perform, but I’d rather be with a girl in a wheel chair collecting money to save other people’s life.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Michael visiting record shop, Sometime after 2000
http://chuckprophet.com/blog/michael_jackson_visits_recycled_records_-_by_andrew_rush/

At one point when we had taken him down to the basement to look through all of the junk, he turned and asked me, “Do you like Diana Ross and the Supremes’ music?” I said that I did and I asked him what his favorite song was by them. He said “Stop In the Name of Love”, I think. I told him that mine was “I Hear A Symphony”, and he said that he loved that one, too. He said he thought it was a shame that their reunion tour that was supposed to happen didn’t because they couldn’t get along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1969- Diana Ross   Diana - 1969- Diana Ross - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1969- Diana Ross
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next