Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Michael Jackson And Stan Lee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Michael Jackson And Stan Lee Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson And Stan Lee   Michael Jackson And Stan Lee Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:30 am

Michael Jackson and Stan Lee met 'a number of times' in the 1990s to discuss buying Marvel Comics.

It's no secret that Michael Jackson was a comic book fan — just take a look at some of the items from his personal collection. But what many people don't realize is that the recently the King of Pop was almost a comic book publisher too.

MTV's comic book movie blog Splash Page recalled how close Jackson came to buying Marvel Comics in the late 1990s alongside Stan Lee, the famous co-creator of Spider-Man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four and countless other superheroes.

During last weekend's Comic-Con, Lee said the relationship he developed with Jackson over the course of their business dealings extended well beyond professional courtesy. In fact, as various videos popping up around the Internet lately seem to attest, it wouldn't be out of line to call Jackson a fan of Lee and his creations.

"We had met a number of times," Lee told MTV News. "In fact, [Jackson] came to my house once with his son, and I remember my wife took care of his son for about an hour while Michael and I were talking.

"He was quite a good father," he added. "He was very solicitous, and he cared very much for the boy."

While their plan to buy Marvel never progressed past "the discussion phase," Lee said, the pair grew fairly close. At one point, Lee even made a trip to Jackson's home to discuss, of all things, Spider-Man.

"I had been to his place in Neverland," Lee said. "He wanted to do Spider-Man. I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role. ... Our conversation never got that far along.

"He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights [to make a Spider-Man movie], and I told him I couldn't," Lee continued. "He would have to go to the Marvel company. But we did become friendly ... and he was a great guy."

Michael Jackson And Stan Lee 190584_192160134155280_110570722314222_421293_130305_n
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Michael Jackson And Stan Lee
Page 1 of 1