Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

G&P Foundation Speech (December 6, 2000)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

G&P Foundation Speech (December 6, 2000) Empty
PostSubject: G&P Foundation Speech (December 6, 2000)   G&P Foundation Speech (December 6, 2000) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:01 am

As reported on November 30, 2000, Michael Jackson received an award for his work fighting cancer from the G&P Foundation.

Two members of boy band N-Sync, Lance Bass and JC Chasez, introduced him onto stage. In their introduction they talked about Michael's musical achievements with his album 'Thriller' and his charity song 'We Are The World', which, as JC said, sold 800,000 copies within three days of release!! They also talked about his humanitarian efforts. On this subject, Lance said:

No artist does as much to make the world a better place, and no other celebrity is more humble about his good work. What else can I say about him? He's bad, he's a thriller."

When they introduced him onto the stage the audience erupted into applause. As Michael walked up, an orchestral version of 'We Are The World' was played. Michael then started his speech:

Wow, it's incredible. I'm extremely honoured and moved by this gracious award, and first and foremost, I'd like to thank our hostess and my date tonight, Denise, who, with her beautiful spirit and abundant kindness, has quickly found a special place in my heart.

My close friend Rabbi Shmuley Boteach introduced me to Denise and I'm very grateful. Thank you Shmuley, thank you so much for making this evening possible for me and for all of the important and meaningful projects that we have begun together.

I'm honoured Mr. President to receive this award in your presence, and I wanna, I wanna thank you all, for the years of dedication and service that you've rendered to the American people, you've been an incredible president and I love you.

And of course N-Sync; it's great to meet you guys you know, and it's an honour to receive this award, not only do you make all the girls scream, but I was also thrilled to learn that you are continuing the tradition that I also believe in, in using your accomplishments to help others with your own charitable foundation.

Cancer is the number one killer of children and it is only when we join together on evenings like this, that we can summon the courage and determination to stop it from ever robbing another child of the precious gift of life, or a parent of the joy of watching their child grow.

God bless you all for the love and support you've offered this evening; and I love you all very much. Thank you."

Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

G&P Foundation Speech (December 6, 2000)
Page 1 of 1