Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction (March 19, 2001)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction (March 19, 2001) Empty
PostSubject: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction (March 19, 2001)   Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction (March 19, 2001) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 am

On March 19, 2001, Michael Jackson was inducted as a solo artist into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. The induction ceremony took place at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, USA.

Michael Jackson arrived for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria hotel, New York (USA) in a white van at approximately 8:45 p.m. this evening. He was dressed in an all white suit with gold embroidered trimming and waved to the screaming fans gathered outside the Waldorf Astoria, who had traveled from as far as Japan to Bloomington, Indiana to show their support.

'N Sync had the honor of inducting Michael Jackson into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Leaning in a cane Michael accepted his induction. He took the stage to one of the loudest, longest ovations of the evening and seemed genuinely moved, both by 'N Sync's speech and by the audience's reception. During his acceptance speech Michael thanked his parents, his brothers and sisters, and three of his biggest influences:

Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy, Berry Gordy. I just have to say thank you. He was so important in our lives, and he is really my real inspiration, and I owe him so much. Quincy Jones, thank you. We talk about a 'Thriller,' it's Quincy. You're incredible. I love you, Quincy. He is the man. The glamorous and talented and beautiful Diana Ross, who is my second mother--I thank you. [...]

To me, the gift of music has been a great blessing, from the time I was a child."

And referring to a broken foot he suffered in a fall at his Neverland home lately he apologized: "As you can see, there's not going to be any moonwalking tonight because I broke my foot dancing -- I fell down the stairs in California."
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction (March 19, 2001)
Page 1 of 1