Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Billboard Music Awards (December 2002)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Billboard Music Awards (December 2002) Empty
PostSubject: Billboard Music Awards (December 2002)   Billboard Music Awards (December 2002) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:25 am

After much speculation, Michael Jackson did indeed appear at the 2002 Billboard Music Awards via a satellite feed from his Neverland Valley Ranch. Michael received a special award to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of his best-selling recording, 'Thriller,' which spent more weeks at No. 1 (37 weeks) than any other album in the history of The Billboard 200.

Comedian Chris Tucker, who appeared via satellite with Michael, was on hand to present Michael with this prestigious award.

Cedric: All right everybody, it's that time. We're about to take a trip to the Neverland Ranch with my friend, Chris Tucker-y'all.

[goes to Neverland Theater]

Chris Tucker: Twenty years ago Michael Jackson was already a successful artist with seven number one hits to his name, four with the Jackson 5 and three on his own. But nobody was prepared for what would come next ... [in Michael's voice] 'cause this is Thriller, Thriller ... [vocal sound effects]

Michael Jackson: [laughing]

Chris Tucker: Sorry. 'Thriller' stayed on the Billboard 200 for nearly two years, spending a record 37 weeks at number one. It won dozens of awards including a record 8 Grammies. He gave me one of them. It set another Billboard record when seven of his nine tracks reached the top ten and Michael became the first artist at Billboard chart history to simultaneously and single handily album charts both on black and pop charts. I messed that up, I know y'all seen it but that's all right.
[shows parts of 'Thriller' video and live, 'Beat It' video and live, 'Billie Jean' video and live and back to 'Thriller' video]

Chris Tucker: Quite simply, 'Thriller' still remains the biggest selling album in the history of the world, period. That's why I'm thrilled to present this award to the King Of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson: Thank you so much. I'm very honored. I'm very happy. I thank all of the people that appreciate my work. I thank the Billboard Awards. I've always admired you. And to the fans around the world, I love you. I couldn't be me without you. Thank to God. Chris Tucker your my favorite.

Chris Tucker: Could I keep the award for a couple days?

Michael Jackson: Yeah, we gotta share it.

Chris Tucker: At my house?

Michael Jackson: No, we have to share it.

Chris Tucker: Where can I stay at Neverland?

Michael Jackson: Anywhere you wanna stay.

Chris Tucker: All right, I'm in cabin three.

Michael Jackson: [laughing] Okay. Thank you so much!

Chris Tucker: Thanks y'all.

[commercial break]

Cedric: Hey, what's up y'all? They told me they still have Michael Jackson on the wire. Where Mike at? What's up, Michael?

Michael Jackson: I'm here.

Cedric: Hey what's up, Michael?

Michael Jackson: Hey, how are you?

Cedric: That's the King right there, bro. How you doin' man? Mike, I just wanna ask a question that's been on everybody's mind I'm sure, I know it's on mine. Mike, where's Bubbles at Mike? How the monkey doin'? Ain't nobody heard from the monkey in a while Mike. How the monkey doin' Mike?

Michael Jackson: [laughing] He's at Chris Tucker's house.

Cedric: Chris Tucker got the monkey. Man, right on man.

Chris Tucker: What's up brother?

Michael Jackson: I'm a big fan of yours by the way.

Cedric: Right on Mike, big fan here too Mike. I know all the songs.

Chris Tucker: [talking like Michael] Me too Cedric, I love you!

Cedric: You know this maaaaaaan.

Michael Jackson: [laughing quietly] You know this man.

Cedric: Right on, Chris Tucker and Michael Jackson, the new 'Rush Hour'.

Chris Tucker: Let's do it! Forget Jackie!!

Michael Jackson: [laughing]
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Billboard Music Awards (December 2002)
Page 1 of 1