Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Michael Speaks on Eminem Video (October 12, 2004)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Michael Speaks on Eminem Video (October 12, 2004)  Empty
PostSubject: Michael Speaks on Eminem Video (October 12, 2004)    Michael Speaks on Eminem Video (October 12, 2004)  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:00 am

On Tuesday, October 12, 2004, at 8:00AM, P.S.T., Michael Jackson appeared on The Steve Harvey Morning Show, 100.3 / The Beat, a Radio One station, regarding Eminem's video. In an exclusive interview with Steve Harvey, Michael Jackson made the following statement:

I would like to thank you, Steve, Radio One, the African-American community, my fans from around the world, and some of the members of the media, for the support that you have given to me. I would also like to thank Mr. Robert Johnson, Chairman and Founder of BET for pulling the Eminem video from BET's airplay. I appreciate very much the love and support that you all have shown me.

I am very angry at Eminem's depiction of me in his video. I feel that it is outrageous and disrespectful. It is one thing to spoof, but it is another to be demeaning and insensitive.

I've admired Eminem as a artist, and was shocked by this. The video was inappropriate and disrespectful to me, my children, my family, and the community at large. It is my hope that the other networks will take BET's lead and pull it.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Michael Speaks on Eminem Video (October 12, 2004)
Page 1 of 1