Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True) Empty
PostSubject: Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True)   Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:37 pm

"Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True)" is the title of a duet featuring American brothers Jermaine and Michael Jackson, taken from Jermaine Jackson's 1984 album, which was called Jermaine Jackson in the U.S. and Dynamite in the U.K. and other countries. The song was nominated at the 1985 Grammy Awards for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals.
The vocal version of "Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin'" was on the B-side to both the 7" and 12" versions of Jermaine Jackson's single, "Do What You Do",[1][2] while an instrumental version of the song was on the B-side to another Jermaine Jackson song, "Dynamite".[3][4]
In her 1993 book Michael Jackson: The King of Pop, author Lisa D. Campbell states that "although it was never officially released as a single because of legal difficulties between Michael's label, Epic, and Jermaine's label, Arista, the song did receive a lot of airplay."[5] As a result, Billboard at the time could not show the song on any "single" chart. Billboard had not yet began publishing the airplay chart which it would have registered on. The song however did register on Radio and Records Top 40 chart, a chart based solely on airplay, peaking at No. 6 in June 1984. The song was most successful on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, where it spent three weeks at No. 1 that same June.[6] The song was performed as a medley with some of Jermaine Jackson's other solo hits ("Let's Get Serious" and "Dynamite") on the Jacksons' 1984 "Victory Tour".[7]
In 1988, Robert Palmer covered the song on his album, Heavy Nova. It was released as a single in June 1989 and reached #60 on the Billboard Hot 100.[8]

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True) R-150-3111239-1316292917

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True) 541407b

Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True)
Page 1 of 1