Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Girl Song

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

My Girl Song Empty
PostSubject: My Girl Song   My Girl Song Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:48 am

"My Girl" is a 1964 song recorded by The Temptations for the Gordy (Motown) label which became a number one hit in 1965. Written and produced by The Miracles members Smokey Robinson and Ronald White, the song became the Temptations' first U.S. number-one single, and is today their signature song. Robinson's inspiration for writing this song was his wife, Miracles member Claudette Rogers Robinson. The song was featured on the Temptations album The Temptations Sing Smokey.
Musically, the song is notable because the six ascending guitar notes in the opening riff over the C chord are a perfect example of a C major pentatonic scale, played exactly from octave to octave. Similarly, the analogous riff in the song that is played over the F chord is a perfect example of an F major pentatonic scale, also with notes ascending from octave to octave.

Michael Jackson recorded this song and it was released on his solo album Ben which was released in 1972.

Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

My Girl Song
Page 1 of 1