Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:55 am

Visit Memphis Zoo, September 24 1995

She is seen walking ahead of him and the relationship appears tense.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am

Janet Jackson, USA Today, Oct 11, 1995

She also defends his (Michael’s) marriage to Lisa Marie Presley, “a true sister to the 10th power. Lisa’s wonderful. She’s beautiful inside and out. They’re good for each other.” She was disgusted when her brother’s sex life was probed in June’s Prime Time Live interview. “For Diane Sawyer to ask all the other questions and then have someone else ask that – why?” says Jackson, rolling her eyes. “I’m sick of this whole stupid thing about, ‘Do they have sex?’ Somebody asked me that and I said, “No, they just sit there, look at each other and masturbate.’ I mean it’s STUPID. I wish people would shut the fuck up and leave him alone.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am

Michael visits Germany, Nov 4, 1995

Dozens of screaming fans welcomed Michael Jackson to Germany yesterday as the enigmatic US superstar arrived for a celebrity game show billed as his first such European TV performance.

Fans tried to climb aboard his luxury minivan as his cavalcade drove out of Cologne airport Jackson wearing dark glasses and a white mask across his face stood up through the sunroof and threw flowers to the faithful. The singer 36 who witnesses say was not accompanied by his wife Lisa Marie Presley.

Jackson was whisked away to Cologne’s Hyatt hotel where he has booked the whole sixth floor for himself and an entourage of bodyguards, crew and assistants.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Michael collapses and is rushed to hospital, December 6, 1995

Michael collapses while rehearsing the concert and he is rushed to the Beth Israel Medical Center . He is suffering from gastro-enteritis, dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:58 am

Rock Hill doctor helped saved Michael Jackson’s life after 1995 rehearsal collapse states that there were no drugs…(Published: Wednesday, Jul. 08, 2009)

But Dr. William Alleyne had more reason to be sad than most fans. Alleyne said Tuesday, for the first time in 14 years, “I was the doctor who saved Michael Jackson’s life.”

In December 1995, Alleyne was the critical care director at Beth Israel North Hospital, on the Upper East Side in New York City across the way from the mayor’s Gracie Mansion. He was the guy in charge when one of the nurses told him, “We have Michael Jackson coming here.”

Alleyne didn’t believe it then.

“I said, ‘Ha, ha, very funny,’” Alleyne recalled.

He had seen patients who were stars, or spouses of stars, but this was different. Thousands of people started clamoring outside the hospital. The place was turning into bedlam.

“Ten minutes later, they rolled Michael Jackson in on a stretcher,” Alleyne said Tuesday from his Rock Hill office where he’s one of the partners at Carolina Pulmonary Physicians. But in 1995, Alleyne was the doctor to the King of Pop. Jackson had collapsed after a rehearsal for an upcoming HBO special at the nearby Beacon Theater.

Alleyne and his wife had seen Jackson before in concert, on television, and now, in 1995, Jackson was waiting, unconscious, for Bill Alleyne to save his life.

“Mr. Jackson was in critical condition,” Alleyne said. “He was dehydrated. He had low blood pressure. He had a rapid heart rate. He was near death.”

Alleyne went from doctor to a star to doctor of a man who could die. Alleyne, an acquaintance of Jackson’s doctor at the time who had seen some of that doctor’s patients, had been picked personally by that doctor to be the attending physician for Jackson’s emergency care. Alleyne gave the order to have the defibrillator ready if needed to treat the abnormal heart rhythm of the most famous entertainer with the best rhythm on Earth.

After about an hour or so that December dusk, Alleyne said he had Jackson stabilized with intravenous fluids and other treatment, and transferred Jackson to intensive care. But in the meantime, the crowd outside had become massive, a mob scene.

“I looked outside the window, and the crowd was shoulder to shoulder, huge, far more than when the mayor’s mansion across the street had hosted the pope, the president, even Nelson Mandela,” Alleyne recalled.

And inside the hospital, Alleyne said, “it was absolute pandemonium.”

Jackson’s entourage had muscled into intensive care. Alleyne had a brief showdown with one bodyguard who did not want to let Alleyne in the room again after Alleyne had left briefly. Alleyne recalled he said to the bodyguard, “Your boss is dying in there, and I am going in there to save his life. You can be the one who has to say you wouldn’t let me in.”

Bill Alleyne walked in and saved Michael Jackson.

But the crush of people inside wasn’t over. The entourage of Jackson’s then-wife, Lisa Marie Presley, came in. Presley came in, too. Then through the middle of the crowd, another entourage, and Janet Jackson, Michael’s sister.

“Here is Janet, drop-dead, stop-the clock gorgeous, and she said, ‘Thank you for taking care of my brother,’” Alleyne recalled.

Alleyne found time to call home. His wife, Cheryl Courtlandt, a physician herself who now is a pediatrician at Levine’s Children’s Hospital in Charlotte, was home with two small kids. ]

I’m gonna be a little late honey,” Alleyne told his wife. “Turn on the news.”

He told his wife Michael Jackson was his patient, and she said to her husband, verbatim, in words Alleyne will never forget: “Well, you take care of Mr. Jackson and hurry home, because I have two kids here and you need to take out the garbage.”

Jackson soon was stable, and Alleyne and Jackson started a doctor/patient relationship similar to all in theory but unlike any relationship Alleyne had ever had in practice. As people were climbing trees to get pictures of inside the hospital, as Jackson’s fans sang his songs outside and the world press invaded the sidewalks and street for information about the condition of this most-famous man, Bill Alleyne tried to keep Michael Jackson alive with intravenous food and care.

“Michael Jackson was the most soft-spoken, least demanding guy you would ever want to meet,” Alleyne said. “Everything he said was a whisper. His biggest concern was could he perform.

Alleyne told Jackson no way could he perform anytime soon.

Alleyne had to get permission to release information to Jackson’s family. Jackson gave it. Alleyne had to deal with other doctors who came to watch his every move, and a world that wanted information that Alleyne would not give to anybody but those Jackson said to give it to.

After about 72 hours, Alleyne and Jackson’s publicists and others realized they had to give a press conference. So Alleyne worked with Jackson’s people to go over what could be said, what to stay away from but still tell the truth. Alleyne was blunt with the world, saying Jackson did not have any immune system problems because rumors about AIDS were swirling. He was blunt that Jackson had no drugs in his system.

News accounts from 1995 show Alleyne and his then-partner, Dr. Bob Glennon, talking about Jackson’s condition to convince the world that Jackson was, in fact, critically ill.

“Michael Jackson was unconscious when he arrived,” Alleyne said. “I had to make that clear.”

Through the next few days, Alleyne was Jackson’s doctor. Other doctors came to watch behind him, but Alleyne said he was not affronted. Having others sets of eyes look at his care and treatment of Jackson was understandable.

Jackson had to do what other patients who are recovering must do, Alleyne said. Walk around, be monitored. Except he had an entourage in the next room.

“After a couple of days, Mr. Jackson told me he needed to get his hair done,” Alleyne remembered. “I told him we had a barber at the hospital.”

Jackson’s entourage laughed: A stylist traveled around the world with Jackson and would style those locks right there in intensive care. The makeup crew came in, too.

Near the end of Jackson’s hospital stay, he asked Alleyne if he could visit other patients in intensive care. Jackson met one lady, gave her an autographed picture after he prayed with her, and the lady told Alleyne, “I can die now; I prayed with Michael Jackson.”

Alleyne recalled, laughing: “I told Mr. Jackson maybe visiting with people who had suffered heart attacks or other serious problems wasn’t such a good idea.”

When Jackson was discharged, Alleyne stayed in the background as the cameras went off and the video was shot. But Jackson asked Alleyne to make house calls for the next three days. Blood pressure checks, pulse, all that stuff. Alleyne was the director of critical care — house calls were not his bag. But Michael Jackson had asked, so Alleyne said yes.
“House calls, to the penthouse of the Four Seasons hotel,” Alleyne said. “He had rented out the entire top two floors.”

In one “moment of weakness,” Alleyne said he almost asked Jackson to teach him how to moonwalk — Jackson’s famous trademark dance.

But Alleyne kept it professional with Michael Jackson, as the entourages and the world watched Alleyne’s every move.

Finally, about two weeks into this whirlwind relationship, Alleyne told Jackson, “Mr. Jackson, you are stable. I can stop being your doctor and return to being your fan.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:58 am

Oprah 2010 interview:

O: Okay, so in May of 1994 when you were married to him or during the time that you were married to him, did you suspect a drug problem?
L: Honestly, I didn’t really suspect and catch on until just before I filed for divorce. There was just an occasion, an incident, where he had collapsed and he was in the hospital.
O: This was for HBO?
L: Yeah, there was an appearance he was supposed to make.
(In December 1995 Michael Jackson collapsed onstage while rehearsing for an HBO concert special in New York. His doctors said Michael was suffering from a viral infection. Lisa Marie flew to his side in the hospital where he stayed for six days.)
L: Everybody flew to the hospital. And, um, it was very confusing what was wrong, because every day there was a different report. I couldn’t tell what was happening. Dehydration, low blood pressure, exhaustion, a virus, so I couldn’t really get a straight answer as to what was happening with him. I think we were all a little bit in the dark. At that point I think I really got from various indications I believed that was going on then.

Magic/Madness:

As soon as he was checked into the hospital, Michael’s press people telephoned Lisa in Los Angeles and, with frantic explanations, begged her to fly to her husband’s side. “Hell, no,” was her response. “Screw him. I’m not going. Why should I?”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:59 am

Lisa Marie visits Michael in hospital, asks for a divorce, December 10, 1995

Lisa Marie finally visits him and she asks for a divorce.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:59 am

Tuesday, December 12th 1995

Lisa Marie Presley has been living at the Four Seasons while she visits her ailing husband. But she didn’t check into Jackson’s swank suite she got her own, reports a spy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Michael goes to Disneyland with the Cascio’s, December 18, 1995

Michael goes resting at Disneyland Paris taking with him the Cascio family
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Officially files for divorce, January 18, 1996

Lisa Marie officially files for divorce. Michael’s spokesman states that they remain friends.

Oprah 2010:

O: So you still loved him even when you left him?
L: Very much. I left him to sort of stomp my foot in the ground and go… I was trying to take a stand and say, come with me, don’t do this. That was a stupid move, because he didn’t. And he’s you know, he’s a stubborn… I’m stubborn, he’s stubborn. The two of us it was like you know…
O: Don’t make a dare you’re not willing to follow through on. ]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Magic/Madness:

“Lisa said that the part of him that is critical of himself – the beaten child part of him – really kicked in after the divorce was finalized,” said Monica Pastelle. “He wanted to call and talk to his best friend, her. He didn’t want to let go. She needed space, though. She really needed time away from him. She felt that he had really screwed with her mind, and she got sick and her body started breaking down after the divorce. She poured her life into him. Now, she had to reclaim it for herself. He had a hard time with that.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Child Bride:

Lisa’s ill-founded marriage to Michael came tumbling down within six months of the Diane Sawyer interview, when Lisa filed for divorce in January 1996. The inside word was that, before the marriage, Michael had promised Lisa a recording contract with his company and had later reneged. “That’s what he might have been promising her,” commented Myrna, who disapproved of the marriage from the outset, “but that might not have been his intention.” Lisa, she revealed, was devastated by the experience. “He’s very much top of the pile in his world, and that’s probably one reason why Lisa filed for divorce,” said Brett. “And the things she asked for from Michael, he wasn’t willing to do.”

Priscilla’s response when she heard that Lisa had filed for divorce, said Rick Stanley, Elvis’ stepbrother, was “Praise the Lord!” Marco said simply, “The wart has been removed.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Reaction to their divorce, AP News, January 20th 1996

“There are no disputes as to property or anything else,” Coale said by phone from his office in Washington, D.C. “It’s going to be a very simple and clean divorce and they’re going to remain friends.” ]

The petition, filed in the state that spawned no-fault divorce, said their community property has yet to be determined. It also asks that Jackson pay legal fees and that her name be restored to Lisa Marie Presley.

A spokeswoman for Michael Jackson’s British fan club said: “A lot of the fans didn’t really think Lisa-Marie was being supportive enough of Michael. Many didn’t really think she was the one for him, she wasn’t very demonstrative, so they will probably be quite happy with this news.

“It’s going to be a very simple and clean divorce,” Coale said.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Michael and Karen Faye have dinner, January 26th 1996

Pop superstar Michael Jackson came out of hiding last night, enjoying a sushi dinner and the company of a mystery blond in midtown (Karen Faye, his make up artist) just a week after his impending divorce was made public.

“I am having a great time,” Jackson said, his first public words since Lisa Marie Presley told him to beat it last week, ending a 19-month marriage that has often been described as a giant publicity stunt.

It was hard to tell whether the carefully choreographed public appearance at the Motown Cafe was meant for his personal enjoyment or to quell questions over his sexuality that have dogged him for the last several years.

No one could figure out who Jackson’s friend for the evening was but judging from their body language the pair seemed very well-acquainted, right down to their matching mirrored sunglasses, which never came off during the hour they spent together at the W. 57th St. spot.

The woman, who appeared to be in her late 20s or early 30s, did not answer when asked her name. Restaurant personnel said they did not know who she was.

The self-described King of Pop looked healthy, relaxed and true to character heavily made up when he entered the theme restaurant just after 10 p.m.

Rubbing shoulders with fans, tourists and executives from CBS Records, he was dressed casually in jeans and a red button down shirt. A light red lipstick and base makeup covered his face.

As the couple and an entourage of bodyguards entered through the cafe’s revolving doors, the crowd hushed, then stared and cheered while Jackson and his group mounted the stairs to an upstairs dining area.

The area where they ate was just behind a metal statue of the singer as a boy.”That’s 10,” Jackson said when asked how old he was in the statue.

A crush of people clamored for a glimpse of the singer, who signed a few autographs. He spent several minutes holding 1-year-old Juelle Dixson, whose father, Julius, is a performer with the restaurant singing group, the Motown Moments.

“I am a big fan of his,” Dixson said. “It feels good when you are really a fan of someone’s. He is someone I really like.”

Jackson was equally impressed with Juelle. “She’s so beautiful,” he said.

His waitress brought out Evian water, orange juice and a specially prepared plate of sushi California roll, salmon and shrimp. Eating with their hands, the couple dunked the sushi in sauce, clinked their glasses and giggled.

After a few moments, Jackson called over the waitress, Andrea Whitaker.”He said, ‘Can I request ‘I’ll be There,’?” Whitaker said. “I said, ‘You can request anything you want!’ ”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Lisa Marie contacts Karen Faye, January 27, 1996

The day after this PR date, Lisa Marie contacts Karen Faye and calls her a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:04 pm

More reaction to their divorce, Newsweek – Jan 28, 1996

“Michael is a workaholic and Lisa Marie has no idea what that is all about,” said one fan. “She hasn’t worked a day in her life. We thought it was pretty tacky for her to separate from him while he was sick.” A Presley source asserted that even if Jackson friends found the timing tacky, the Jackson family genuinely liked Presley. Some wondered if Jackson’s refusal to join the Church of Scientology, to which Presley and her mother, Priscilla, belong, contributed to the rift. “It was an issue at the beginning,” said J. Randy Taraborrelli, a Jackson biographer. “Michael actually went and took a couple of tests. I understand he flunked the personality test, but I understand everybody does. In the end, he decided not to become a Scientologist, but it wasn’t a major factor.” And some blamed Lisa Marie’s interlude last August in Hawaii with her ex-husband, musician Danny Keough, the father of her two children. Not so, said Jackson family friend Flo Anthony: “Michael OK’d that trip.” ]

Through all the muck and innuendo, most immediate family remained silent. Priscilla Presley was unavailable for comment, although we know she was very fond of first husband Danny and less wacko about Jacko. “Lisa Marie should come to her senses and kick this freak out before these allegations taint her,” Priscilla reportedly said in August, referring to child-molestation charges that follow Jackson even today. Jackson’s family, too, was silent, unless you count La Toya’s husband Jack Gordon as family. “La Toya warned Michael that this marriage would be his downfall,” said Gordon. “It’s one thing to get married, but to Elvis’s daughter was totally absurd. Something went wrong in that marriage and Lisa Marie will soon be telling it all, and Michael will be destroyed.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:04 pm

People Magazine, February 6 1996

IF THIS WERE TELEVISION—AND rest assured, it soon will be—Lisa Marie Presley would wake with a start, just as Pamela Ewing did a decade ago, and say, “Zowie! Was that a weird dream or what?” The fact is, we the people could have been pinching ourselves nonstop for nearly two years now: What was Elvis’s kid doing eating pizza with Michael Jackson and Michu the circus midget outside a castle in Hungary? Could that really be little Lisa Marie saying, “Yes, yes, yes!” when asked right there on prime-time TV if she was having sex with her husband?

[Indeed, fans, it all happened. But take heart: it’s also all over. Last week, in a move that managed to be at once sensation-making and entirely unsurprising, Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson, who turns 28 on Feb. 1, filed for divorce from her superstar husband, asking L.A.’s Superior Court only for the restoration of her maiden name and the right to have Jackson, 37, foot her legal bills.

“This is a no-brainer,” says John Coale, Presley’s attorney. She will keep the estimated $100 million she has inherited from her father’s estate; Jackson will keep the $150-or-so million he has earned in a lifetime at the top of the music charts. “We wait six months. Then they’re divorced,” says Coale. “There’s really not that much to it.”

Some claim, in fact, to have detected a certain chemistry when the couple got together. “There was a lot of teasing, a lot of kidding around, like any other newlywed couple,” says Jackson family friend and former publicist Steve Manning.

Why did Presley keep her distance from Jackson? A reliable source close to Presley says, “There are a lot of shady characters around Michael who were upsetting to Lisa. She felt that in their minds she was part of a machinery to re-create his image.”

Jackson, for his part, saw the separation as a sad but far from shady turn of events. “They spent a lot of time away from each other, and both realized it wasn’t working out,” says a source close to him. Jackson had hoped to make a joint statement announcing the split in the near future, says the source, and is only upset “about Lisa Marie’s jumping the gun.”

But if either of them had doubts, they kept them to themselves. “I had no idea it was coming,” says Paul Bloch, longtime publicist for both Lisa Marie and her mother, Priscilla, 50. Nor did the Jackson family expect the split. In a phone conversation with a close family friend just two weeks ago, Jackson’s mother, Katherine, gave no indication that the couple were having major marital woes. She did say, though, that there were problems—notably, Presley’s frustration with the expensive toys Jackson showered on her children by first husband Danny Keough—Danielle, 6, and Benjamin, 3. Presley, according to Katherine, was concerned that Jackson would spoil her children. “She’s got a point,” says the family friend. “Michael just likes to see the kids smile. He’s a kid himself. He doesn’t get how much it annoys Lisa Marie.” ]

“He is disappointed,” says Taraborrelli; and yet, adds another close associate, he’s ready to move on: “He’s happy that it’s over.”

“Lisa Marie wanted to help Michael with his life,” says the Presley source. “She fell in love with him.”

“I’ve never seen her look so happy,” her former manager and lifelong friend Jerry Schilling told PEOPLE at the time. “They have fun together.”

But was she, as has been suggested in published reports, on a mission to lure Jackson into her church? A source close to Presley says no. “Jackson had just been accused of being a pedophile,” this source says. “He’s not going to help any organization, whether it’s the church or the Kiwanis Club. I’d have a harder argument if Kevin Costner were the guy. You could say a lot about Scientologists, but they ain’t stupid.”

By the time Jackson fell ill in December, Presley felt enough was enough. “Once she makes up her mind,” says a friend, “she doesn’t look back.”

For the moment, Presley’s spirits, friends say, are good. “She’s disappointed,” says the close source, “but she’s not crying in her soup.” Instead, she is “focusing on being a good mother,” says Paul Bloch—which may, according to Liz Smith, mean reuniting with her children’s father. But Presley’s camp denies she still has a romantic interest in Keough. “He played no part in the breakup,” says the source. Still, the two have remained close—vacationing together, as friends, sources say, at Hawaii’s Mauna Lani hotel last June.

Beyond the divorce proceeding, what lies ahead for Jackson is unclear. “Michael is still an icon,” says Vernon Slaughter, an Atlanta-based entertainment attorney who was a vice president for CBS Records in 1982 when Jackson’s Thriller was released. “The real question is, can he become bigger than he is? The game plan for him should be back to basics. Let’s strip away all the King of Pop stuff and get to the core of what he’s about.”

The hectic schedule has left him little time to figure out what went wrong with his marriage. But Presley’s lawyer could put it to him in two words. “Irreconcilable differences,” says Coale. “Which means nothing—and everything.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Taraborrelli claimed MJ was helping Lisa with an album, Feb 20, 1996

Pop star Michael Jackson will produce the debut album of his estranged wife, Lisa Marie Presley, “Day &; Date” reported yesterday.

On the program, celebrity writer J. Randy Taraborrelli said, “Michael Jackson will be producing Lisa Marie Presley’s first album in the next few months.And chances are there will be a duet between Jackson and Presley.

Taraborrelli, who wrote the unauthorized biography “Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness,” added: “Lisa Marie will make her record industry debut in the next six months.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 pm

LMP interview, March, Vogue Magazine, 1996

Is Lisa happy with her face? “God, no. NO! How could I like what I see in the mirror?” she asks. “I wouldn’t hang out with a human who woke up in the morning and looked in the mirror and said, ‘I look beautiful.’” But she’s content. She’s not about to go run off to a cosmetic surgeon like some people we could mention. And if she does, it will be for routine repair, not rebirth as a different person. “I’m pretty vain. And I don’t like things falling without my permission. If something does, then I’ll get it fixed.”

The face in the mirror is one thing; the naked body showed with Michael Jackson’s pasty flesh in the “You Are Not Alone” video is another. I wanted to know how she saw her public image. “That’s a hard one.” You bet it is — only partly through her own fault (she presumably chose to make those videos) but mostly because of the fatal star that made her Elvis’s only child. In person, she is reserved and private — “terribly shy,” she says — but she’s been a honey pot in the press since the day she was born and lives fenced in by minder staff, and security that beat anything I’ve ever seen.

[…]

She came into Vogue’s offices to try on the clothes for the photo shoot. She was as nervous as a two-year-old colt at the thought — “of talking” — even about clothes. She doesn’t talk to the press. She’s done only one other press interview in her life, though her tabloid clippings could fill a room. The clippings will be doubling and redoubling as the divorce — about which she will not say one word — goes through.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Debbie Rowe becomes pregnant with Prince, May, 1996

Debbie Rowe becomes pregnant again with Michael’s baby.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 pm

LMP, Ladies Home Journal, August, 1996

They both married in their early twenties, were divorced single mothers by their late twenties and will be linked forever by royal marriages to messed-up pop-music messiahs.

Small wonder that Priscilla Presley and daughter Lisa Marie are attached by a fiercely protective, almost mystical bond that has influenced their tumultuous journeys to Graceland and Neverland and back. It is a tie, Presley says, that grew stronger through Lisa Marie’s rumor-ridden twenty-month union with Michael Jackson, which ended just before her twenty-eighth birthday early this year.

“I’m her mom,” Presley says. “I’m there for her. She knows that. It’s a very delicate situation, for her and for everybody involved.”

[…]

She is animated and expansive talking about comfortable topics like family values and child rearing, but ask about Lisa Marie’s life since her Caribbean elopement with Jackson, in May 1994, and a curtain drops behind Presley’s blue eyes. She won’t even mention what’s-his-name–and certainly won’t comment on all those tabloid reports. Among them: that she pressured Lisa Marie to split from Jackson, hoping for a reconciliation with Keough, whom she calls a “terrific father”; or that Jackson continued to spend time with young boys while married.

“I don’t want to get into these questions” is all she will say. “I have a very difficult time with divorce. I would never betray her. But there’s one great thing about Lisa Marie: She understands surviving.”

[…]

Still, there’s no controlling what Navarone picks up at school about his famous half-sister’s much-publicized marriage to Jackson. “He’ll come home with crazy things, and I’ll have to change the opinion right away,” she says. “That’s the hardest thing–to keep on top of the information he hears.”

[…]

a Marie is, says Presley, far more complex than the sassy, posturing princess America saw interviewed with Jackson by Diane Sawyer for PrimeTime Live. “I know someone very different. I hope the public doesn’t judge her for that.”

[…]

Interestingly, just as Lisa Marie’s divorced parents spent amicable time together, she and Keough “want to be together and want their children to see them together,” says Presley. “She gets along wonderfully with Danny.” Asked how the marriage to Jackson affected that connection, Presley instinctively pulls back: “I don’t want to even–that’s another story.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Rome News Tribune, November 9th 1996

The woman who is carrying Michael Jackson’s baby has told friends that the King of Pop’s marriage to Lisa Marie Presley broke up because she wouldn’t have his child.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Nov 14, 1996

Michael Jackson was still married to Lisa Marie Presley when he first started trying to have a baby with a secret girlfriend!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Lisa Marie Presley Denies Intention To Remarry Daniel Keough, Liz Smith, Oct 24, 1996

LISA MARIE PRESLEY was in New York recently being photographed by the dynamic makeup genius Kevyn Aucoin for his second book The one-time Mrs Michael Jackson, daughter of Elvis, is nothing if not loyal and faithful to her friends, her family and her two ex-husbands Lisa Marie tells me she watched in dismay as Entertainment Tonight and much of the rest of the media seized on a made-up story out of London that says she’s planning to remarry her first husband Danny Keough.

She said:”This kind of thing gets so irritating seeing it reported everywhere as truth. It’s completely false! We made a statement when we divorced that we would remain friends for our children’s sake. And that’s how it stands. We are friends That’s our relationship.”

I asked Lisa Marie how she was otherwise. ”Otherwise, I’m alive. Im concentrating on my children. I did an ad for Versace recently that is being seen internationally. But I have no comments to make, nor do I want to talk about Michael Jackson. I do wish him the best in life. And I am sure he wants the best for me.”

This is the Lisa Marie of today, sounding quite mature, responsible and grownup. (There was no question of my pursuing anything more about Michael Jackson. Lisa Marie was polite and gracious but firm. She is not a woman one can ”push” too far, or one from whom information can be craftily wheedled.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:08 pm

ET Says LMP Was Mistaken In Their Saying She Would Remarry Danny, Oct 25, 1996

ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT reps say Lisa Marie Presley was mistaken when she told me their show was among the news entities that reported she would remarry her first husband Danny Keough .They never said any such thing. But I guess Lisa Marie is no different from the rest of us she always has ET on the brain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley   marie - 1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1993-2000 Lisa Marie Presley
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next