Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1991 Madonna

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

1991 Madonna - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Mike Walker from the National Enquirer was on Geraldo and said,

Mike Walker said that MJ was about to have sex with Madonna, but she got all weird and started trying to have rough sex with MJ. When she did this, MJ got up and left. But if she would not have did that crazy stuff, Mike Walker said he believes MJ would have definitely slept with Madonna.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 pm

The Sun, 7 April, 1991

1991 Madonna - Page 2 2irk9io

Pop stars Michael Jackson and Madonna have fallen in love, it was claimed last night.

Rumours of a romance are brewing round Hollywood after the multi-millionaire duo were spotted sharing an intimate dinner.

The three hour meal at Spago restaurant in Los Angeles was their fourth date in two weeks.

Fellow diners say 32 year old acko looked to be starting something. The couple first caused a commotion two weeks ago when they turned up at the Oscars ceremony together – and spent the night giggling in the front row.

Pals of Madonna, 32, say she fancies Jacko like mad and won’t stop till she gets enough.

One Hollywood expet said, “It’s the talk of the town. At first every one thought the idea of a romance was a joke.

“But the more they go out, the more believable it becomes. They look blissfully happy.”

If they are in love, Madonna will be Jackso’s first real girlfriend.

The pair plan a duet single next month.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 pm

The Bulletin, 5 April, 1991

The 1991 award for Fun Couple at the Oscars had to go to Madonna and Michael Jackson. Television viewers were still wiping the steam off their television screens from Madonna’s bodytalk rendition of “Sonner or Later (I Always Get My Man)” when a camera panning the Shrine Auditorium audience zeroed in on the two singers sitting together in the front row.

There had been a Madonna-Michael Jackson sighting a week earlier during the busy lunch hour at the Ivy restaurant, a popular industry hangout in West Hollywood. Then, after the Academy Awards, the Talks of the Town showed up at Swifty Lazar’s apres Oscar party at Spago, where Daily Variety columnist Army Archard asked Madonna how she got Jackson out for the evening. “Michael’s coming out more,” she said.

Since being seen together at these venues is often the point of going, Hollywood insiders are naturally wondering what it all means? A Madonna-Michael Jackson album? A movie? So far, no rumours of a romance.

A source who knows both pop superstars well says that Madonna and Jackson hit it off at a party last month and have been hanging out a lot – and talking business a little – ever since. But any talk of a merger has been confined to recording a duet or two, and though Son’s Columbia might like to have MAdonna as a bonus to the mega-deal it just signed with Jackson, the sources says there is no movie in the offing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Spago Restaurant, April 9, 1991

Michael & Madonna go to the Spago restaurant in Los Angeles . Michael offers to do a duet with her on the song In The Closet but she refuses.

1991 Madonna - Page 2 16lbjaf
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 pm

People, April 15, 1991
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20114902,00.html

1991 Madonna - Page 2 01-8

1991 Madonna - Page 2 02-7

1991 Madonna - Page 2 03-8

1991 Madonna - Page 2 04-8

1991 Madonna - Page 2 05-7

1991 Madonna - Page 2 06-7

As anyone burdened with stardom knows, finding a date for the Oscars can be an enormo pain. After all, really famous folk simply can’t be seen with some sweet nobody who waves “Hi Mom” at the camera and spends the evening worrying about credit-card approval at Spago.

And so it was, when Madonna and Michael Jackson, Earth’s top pop stars, faced the who-is-famous-enough-to-be-seen-with-me quandary, they hit on the perfect solution. Since they were already planning a duet for Michael’s upcoming album, Dangerous, and since they both happened to be on all Hollywood’s collagen-enhanced lips anyway—he for his ballyhooed “billion-dollar” contract with Sony, she for her upcoming, already controversial self-ploitation film, Truth or Dare-why not date…each other?

Big dates can also become big disasters, however. So a week before the Oscars, the couple met at L.A.’s Ivy restaurant to plan and, perhaps, trade makeup tips. By Oscar night, all was ready. Michael looked positively legendary in gold-tipped cowboy boots, a blinding diamond brooch and—in a dramatic sartorial departure—two gloves. Madonna, awash in peroxide and pluck, diverted at least some of the attention from her low-cut, pearl-encrusted Bob Mackie gown with $20 million in diamonds, on loan from jeweler Harry Winston. They entered L.A.’s Shrine Auditorium and promptly collected their well-deserved Best Seat honors—front row, two on the aisle.

All seemed fine at first. Michael applauded as Madonna out-Marilyned Marilyn in a vampy rendition of Stephen Sondheim’s Oscar winning “Sooner or Later (I Always Get My Man).” And it seemed everyone agreed that the ermined minx stole the show.

Afterward, things got a little dicey, for Michael at least, when the couple arrived at Spago for Swifty Lazar’s annual Oscar bash. After whispering and giggling in Michael’s ear, the Material Girl abandoned her one-night Boy Toy and hopped over to Warren Beatty’s table, where heavy breathing and light petting ensued. “He fondled her all over,” says a dedicated observer.

But all turned out fine. Michael, tit-for-tat, dandled Diana Ross on his lap before Madonna returned and joined him for a grand exit. Strobes flashed and the partyers cheered—even though everyone seemed to understand that Michael and Madonna’s big night out was about as romantically valid as taking your cousin to the prom. So just what were they up to?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Profiles: The King of the Deal : The New Yorker, 1993

Lazar planned and ran his party in the spirit of Napoleon commanding an army, with Mary as second-in-command. Who but Lazar could have seated the élite of the new Hollywood, like Cher, next to octogenarians? Who but Lazar could have pulled off the ultimate coup of getting Madonna to come to his party after her bump-and-grind act at the 1991 Academy Awards ceremony, still wearing the famous white dress and fur boa, and with Michael Jackson in tow as her date? Major movie stars stood on their chairs to get a better view of Lazar guiding Madonna and Michael Jackson to their places. It was, one guest says, “a kind of apotheosis—Irving’s greatest triumph.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Dominick Dunne on Larry King Live about this night, December 22, 2004

KING: You also were present when Madonna and Michael Jackson were at the 1991 Oscar party.

DUNNE: You know, that was amazing.

KING: Why?

DUNNE: Because, you know, most of the people at the Lazar party were older folks and so forth, and these two, they were young, gorgeous. And — and he was in uniform, you know.

But Madonna, I’ll never forget her. I mean, it was like what Jean Harlow must have been like back in the ’30s. I mean, the white blonde hair and the silver fox and the diamonds and the thing.

They came in. They were so dazzling. And people like Jimmy Stewart, you know, one of the greats of all time in Hollywood, stood on a chair to get a better look at Madonna and Michael Jackson. I mean, that was the — I mean, they caused such a commotion at that party.

KING: Stars can be affected, then, by other stars?

DUNNE: Absolutely. Absolutely.

KING: So anyone can be star-struck?

DUNNE: I mean, this was the next generation coming along, you see?

KING: Right. Anyone can be star-struck.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Lights Out at the Best Party in Town : Swifty Lazar’s Pals Recall the Man and the Event That Became an Oscar Tradition, Los Angeles Times, March 21, 1994

Barbara Lazaroff, restaurant designer and wife of Spago’s Wolfgang Puck, recalls this scenario: “We’d do all the prep work; Wolf would be cooking all day. Then Mary would show up with the boards for the seating. Then Irving would come in, look at the boards that she’d been preparing for weeks and move people around. Then he’d leave and she’d move them all back. Then she’d leave. It was the same scene every year, but we loved it.

“Something funny would always happen at the party,” she says. “The year Madonna and Michael Jackson came together, they almost seemed like an old married couple.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Newsday, April 18, 1991

Are Madonna and Michael Jackson up to the kissing stage yet? As unbelievable as it may seem, we hear Madonna has confided (OK, blabbed) that she and Jackson “suck face,” but that’s as far as their relationship goes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Xtravaganza’s RX for Michael, Apr 21, 1991

You can’t get the kind of makeover Madonna has in mind for Michael Jackson from Adrien Arpel. So she’s sending her soon-to-be singing partner for a complete overhaul at the House of Xtravaganza, says the family of downtown drag queens who took voguing mainstream.

“What I want him to do is go to New York and hang out for a week with the House of Xtravaganza,” she said in her interview in The Advocate, a gay biweekly magazine. Two of the house members, Luis Camacho and Jose Gutierez, danced with Madonna on the Blond Ambition tour that was the basis for the soon-to-be-released documentary, “Truth or Dare.”

They could give him a new style because I think that’s really what he needs, she said in the magazine interview. So with a tentative makeover date set for the first week of May, the boys are ready and waiting, they said, in an interview last week, in the mirrored living room of the family’s oneman Senate Ganza lawmaker deejay and record producer David Depino.

The first order of business: a short army style Caesar haircut to show the face he’s obviously proud of, Depino said, next; the glove and the sunglasses the buckles and the boots and apres an hamburger for the vegetarian to put a little meat on Michael’s undernourished bones.

While they plotted the upcoming makeover, Camacho got a phone message that Madonna had called looking for him twice. Let’s call back and tell her we’re dishing her he said dialing her number in Los Angeles. On the road they said the June Cleaver of the boys from the House of Xtravaganza had spoiled them rotten. She was the mother and we were the bratty little kids. We played Christina to her Mommy Dearest and called Warren Beatty ”Uncle Warren”, Camacho said.

But whenever anything went wrong we were like Madonna. Before each concert they said the performers joined hands and formed a prayer circle. Only Madonna was allowed to talk to the Big Guy which was OK with them.

We’re her accessories, her earrings and her bracelets Camacho explained. She talked in the prayer circle, he said, because she had a lot of things a lot of stress to get off her chest like the coffee was’nt hot enough or the salad wasnt crisp enough.

They miss her they said and when she asked them to make over Jackson they eagerly agreed. She loves the way I dress and wants Jackson to learn from my example said Gutierez 20 perhaps best known for his role as the devil in his mentor’s controversial Justify My Love video. For the interview, Gutierez was casually clad in jeans and a leather vest accessorized by a collection of silver rings and earrings. But for evening wear I’m into what’s out he said. I mean who wears underwear with leather chaps? I’m a fashion victim. Camacho, 21, said he favors velour tights and scandalous shirts but dresses differently each day depending on his mood. One day I might go homeboyish but with really big earrings just to throw off the ensemble. Another day it might be a leather skirt and a bustier he said wondering aloud if Jackson would wear a skirt. He would’nt have the legs for it Gutierez sniffed.

But all the Ganzas emphasized that the makeover will proceed from the inside out. Clothes definitely but it’s more of an attitude change giving him more confidence and more street savvy said Camacho. Not that we’re psychologists but he needs just a talk, a hang, a drink at a lonely bar down in Soho, a trip to the rooftop to let him scream. So the next time he receives an award he can say more than Thank you, said Depino .

Xtravaganza life they said is just that extravagant in every way. At the downtown clubs they frequent Camacho said we strut the club heads held high plumage out and feathers being ruffled Honorary Lauren Hutton Tookie Smith and Ali mcgraw.

I told her Love is never having to say you cant be an Xtravaganza said Depino.I said Throw away that stocking hat and you can be a Ganza.

While members of other downtown houses feel the highpro glow and come for us we vogue them out on the dance floor until they feel this big Depino said holding his thumb and forefinger half an inch apart. Whatever it takes to keep the kingdom . Gutierez said the whole world should adopt the Xtravaganzas nonviolent method of resolving territorial disputes. Imagine if instead of shooting and killing each other they all vogued.

Meanwhile theyre starting with the man in the glove hoping that some of their confidence rubs off .

If we cant do it in one week Camacho said we might as well go out of business.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Buffalo News, May 5, 1991

On what she was doing Oscar night hanging out with Michael Jackson:

“We have been working on a song. The question was, will it be a song that’s out on his next album or will it be something we do at some point in the future? Right now, it’s going to be something we do in the future, because I don’t want to make the commitment to it. I’m trying to concentrate on my film career right now. To work with him, I’d have to spend a lot of time in the studio — videos and all that kind of stuff. It’s not what I want to do.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Toronto Star, May 5, 1991

Michael Jackson may have accompanied Madonna to the recent Academy Awards, but he doesn’t think much of her as an entertainer, a new unauthorized biography of the gloved one says. “She just isn’t that good. Let’s face it, she can’t sing and she’s just an okay dancer,” Jackson is quoted as saying according to author J Randy Taraborrelli.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Madonna, The Advocate, May 7, 1991

Madonna: I keep telling Michael Jackson, “I’d love to turn Jose and Luis on you for a week.” They pull you out of the shoe box you’re in. Anybody who’s in a shoe box in the closet cannot be in one after hanging around with Luis and Jose. Or me, for that matter.

I have this whole vision about Michael. We’re considering working on a song together. I would like to completely redo his whole image, give him a Caesar — you know, that really short haircut — and I want to get him out of those buckly boots and all that stuff. What I want him to do is go to New York and hang out for a week with the House of Xtravaganza [ a group of voguers]. They could give him a new style. I’ve already asked Jose and Luis if they would do it. They’re thrilled and ready. I said, “Could you give this guy a make-over for me?” because I think that’s really what he needs.

Advocate: Is he up for it?

Madonna: I don’t know. He’s up for a couple of things that surprise me. The thing is, I’m not going to get together and do some stupid ballad or love duet — no one’s going to buy it, first of all. I said, “Look, Michael, if you want to do something with me, you have to be willing to go all the way or I’m not going to do it.” He keeps saying yes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 pm

ST Louis Post, May 9, 1991

IT LOOKS as if Michael Jackson has decided to take Madonna’s advice and completely change his moldy fashion image. Jackson’s representatives have been in touch with several major designers – including Giorgio Armani and Thierry Mugler – and have asked them to submit suggestions about how Jackson might update his sneaker-and-glove wardrobe.

1991 Madonna - Page 2 Szafwl
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 pm

USA Today, May 10, 1991

Do they follow the news of Madonna? Her dating Warren Beatty? A possible pairing with Michael Jackson? “I never see anything about her in the newspapers!” says Pittman, and adds: “Her personal life is too confusing.” Her advice to the songstress: “Lighten up on the sex stuff.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Chicago Tribune, May 12, 1991

Madonna isn’t even shy about giving advice to fellow superstar Michael Jackson, with whom she’s now writing a song-”not for his next album as everyone says, but perhaps later,” she explains.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:40 pm

St Petersburg Times, May 12, 1991

In Truth or Dare, Madonna is captured in staged contemplation, sprawled in the grass by her mother’s grave. She also is filmed mothering her dancers and leading prayer sessions before each performance. “I guess I have an obsession with motherhood and mothering because I didn’t have a mother,” Madonna says. “All my life I have wondered what it would have been like if I had a mother. . I transfer those feelings to other people and try to be the mother I never had.I’m instinctively drawn to people who need mothering, so that I may live out this fantasy.”

One such person, she says, is Michael Jackson, with whom she’s supposed to record a duet. They were this year’s hottest couple at the Academy Awards ceremony, where Madonna wore a pearl-encrusted Bob Mackie gown and $20-million worth of diamonds. Hollywood wags reported Madonna abandoned Jackson once they arrived at Swifty Lazar’s post-Oscar party at Spago’s, preferring to bump and grind on former beau Warren Beatty’s lap.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Studio assistant on the Dangerous recording sessions:
http://axecollectorblog.blogspot.com.au/2007_11_01_archive.html

–Madonna visited MJ in the studio exactly one time. They spent a little while in his “private” room in the back, and then she left. When I asked Michael later about her visit, he said that she “scared” him.

I think we all speculated that she tried to make a “move” on him, but Michael never said. In any event, we never saw her again after that…
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Madonna, interview with Michel Drucker in France, 1991
http://www.wat.tv/video/madonna-dans-cine-star-part-1wh3e_2ipoh_.html

Drucker: At the last the last Oscar ceremony I saw you Michael Jackson. Do you have a project with Michael Jackson?

Madonna:Yeah, we’re working we’re writing a song together and trying to decide if something that we wanna do, you know. So.you know and we’re just getting to be friends too.

Drucker: It would be great to see the two of you on stage.

Madonna :Yeah, I’d love to. He’s (the translator covered her voice and said ”étonnant” which means in the context amazing) but I have to get him to cut his hair. (laughs) That’s one of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:13 am

Chicago Tribune, May 14, 1991

… about her on-again off-again cross-dressing video with Michael Jackson (it’s off again)-”He ran away from me,” the Material Girl told reporters Monday at the Cannes Film festival.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:15 am

JACKSON STAYS BUCKLED, May 20, 1991

Madonna’s recent comments about Michael Jackson needing a make-over “have gotten a little out of hand,” says a source close to Jackson.

If you missed what Madonna has been saying about her new pal Michael, here’s this from the May 7 issue of the national gay and lesbian biweekly The Advocate: “I keep telling Michael Jackson, ‘I’d love to turn Jose and Luis [two dancers from herBlond Ambition tour] on you for a week. They’d pull you out of the shoe box you’re in.’ ” La Ciccone also said, “I would like to completely redo [his] whole image, give him a Caesar—you know, that really short haircut—and I want to get him out of those buckly boots and all that stuff.”

“She’s not going to turn anybody loose on Michael, because she doesn’t have that kind of influence on him,” says the source.

“Nobody controls Michael Jackson. Not Madonna, nor anyone else. He is in total control of himself.”

Asked if there were any chance Jackson might want to respond himself, the source says, “Madonna is the talker. Michael prefers not to. And besides, he doesn’t want to make a fool out of her by commenting.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:52 am

Extra, May, 21, 1991

1991 Madonna - Page 2 24q4z06
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:53 am

Madonna, US Magazine, June 13, 1991

Did you think your stage show was shocking? How would you feel if you went to see George Michael and he pretended to masturbate onstage? Would that upset you?

It would depend on the context. It’s hard to say, isn’t it? I don’t do any of those things without humour. It’s a bit diffiicult for me to see someone like Michael Jackson grabbing his crotch and humping the ground simply because I feel he’s a very androgynous person. I don’t believe him. So it would depend how it’s used.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:54 am

Madonna, Rolling Stone, June 13, 1991

Carrie: I read you write songs in fifteen minutes.

Madonna: Yeah, but pop songs are really easy to write. Michael Jackson’s been working on his album for something like three years. I can’t imagine doing that! I’d go insane.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:54 am

The Record, Jun 22, 1991

“Madonna is everything that Cher was and is, taken to the step of total outrageousness.” He says [Michael Jackson] asked Madonna to the Oscars because he wanted to get people interested in the two of them making a record together.

But Madonna later decided not to pursue the musical collaboration. “I think she thinks of Michael Jackson the way Michael thought of tiny little Emmanuel Lewis,” says Taraborrelli.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Madonna   1991 Madonna - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1991 Madonna
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next