Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maximilian Schell, Hollywood Reporter, November 1993

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

1993 - Maximilian Schell, Hollywood Reporter, November 1993 Empty
PostSubject: Maximilian Schell, Hollywood Reporter, November 1993   1993 - Maximilian Schell, Hollywood Reporter, November 1993 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:59 am

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2010/01/but-he-never-calls-me.html

1993 - Maximilian Schell, Hollywood Reporter, November 1993 2lvcrhd

In November of 1993, as the media feasted on the first child sex abuse allegation to be made against Michael Jackson, Oscar-winning actor Maximilian Schell sent the following letter to the Hollywood Reporter and paid for it to be printed on the back page of every copy of the publication. Obviously there was a lot to take in when the allegations began, and as such I’m struggling to remember seeing this letter or any mention of it either at the time or at any point since. Regardless, it definitely deserves mention, if not for the haphazard uppercase deployment then for either the letter’s hand-drawn rose or Schell’s amusing tone.

Transcript follows. Many thanks to Robert Schnakenberg.

MAXIMILIAN SCHELL

NOV, 19

TO: MICHAEL JACKSON
(SOMEWHERE ON THIS PLANET)

DEAR MICHAEL,

I AM DEEPLY ASHAMED — FOR THE PRESS, FOR THE MEDIA, FOR THE WORLD – I don’t know you – we met only ONCE on one of those Award-Dinners (“ENTERTAINER of the DECADE”) – We shook hands – you were kind and polite – I don’t think you knew who I was – HOW SHOULD YOU? OUR WORLDS ARE TOO FAR APART – (I am more, “CLASSICAL” – minded -) but I looked into your eyes — THEY WERE KIND –

You are a great artist and I admire you – my little daughter (she is 9½) LOVES YOU! DEEPLY – SHE EVEN WANTS TO MARRY YOU! (-”BUT HE NEVER CALLS ME!”) SHE IMITATES YOU ALL THE TIME – and quite well -

WE ALL LOVE YOU

I would like her more to listen to MOZART – but she loves YOU! AND I RESPECT HER TASTE! –

THAT YOU SURVIVE THIS AVALANCHE OF DIRT THROWN AT YOU – I ADMIRE TREMENDOUSLY -

THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE!

GOD BLESS YOU

Maximilian Schell

P.S. “ONE CAN ONLY SEE GOOD WITH THE HEART – THE ESSENTIAL IS INVISIBLE FOR THE EYES” – (“THE LITTLE PRINCE”)
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Maximilian Schell, Hollywood Reporter, November 1993
Page 1 of 1