Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bollywood Humanitarian Award (1999)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Bollywood Humanitarian Award (1999) Empty
PostSubject: Bollywood Humanitarian Award (1999)   Bollywood Humanitarian Award (1999) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 am

In 1999, Michael was awarded the Outstanding Humanitarian Award in India by the Indian Film Industry (Bollywood Award).

Host: Right now, we have an award that is sure to go down in history as one that is closest to every human's heart, the Humanitarian Award. An award that symbolizes good will, benevolence and peace. And to present this... no, before that, let me first show you something about what that is all about.

A video sequence is shown to Michael's music and Michael is shown sitting in the audience.

Host: Alright, Michael Jackson is in the stadium.. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mr S B Hinbuja.

Mr S B Hinbuja: There are two types of people, one are on the stage, one are behind the stage, so I as a businessman is behind the stage.

Host: And now for the recipient of this prestigious award, ladies and gentlemen, probably once in a millennium comes an artist who rises far above every other artist on earth and wins not only awards and accolades, but also hearts, minds and souls. This millennium witnesses one such phenomenon, an artist, whose fans can be found on every square kilometer of this earth, from India to Belgrade from California to Calcutta. His music not only becomes popular and leaves you asking for more, but also makes you go out of the way to do something special for mankind, which is why he is what he is. Ladies and gentlemen, I am honored to share the stage with this incredible history creating thriller of an artist, please welcome the phenomena Michael Jackson!

Billie Jean plays as Michael walks on stage.

Michael: Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for this honor you have awarded me tonight. I've always believed that the real measure of celebrity success was not just how famous he becomes, but what he does with that fame and fortune. Especially in today's technological and media advanced society, the attention and fortune showered on an individual celebrity is often times immensely disproportionate to his or her achievements. Today a person can literally become a celebrity overnight throughout the entire world, and that kind of attention can be difficult for an individual to handle. But I have also learned that such fame can also be an enormous, effective medium to focus attention and mobilize resources for a worthy cause. I have been blessed with so much and have an opportunity to do what few others can. But I believe it is more than just an opportunity, but a duty. I feel to reap and enjoy the fruits of my talent for myself would be selfish, irresponsible, and unconscionable. In these days of such abundance and advancement in what we can do, it pains me to think that we do so little for our children. In some ways I feel undeserving to receive an award for doing something that is my duty. I accept this award as a gesture of encouraging from the people of India and a commission to do more for mankind. I love you very much.

Is this the longest speech?

Mahatma Ghandi knew how important bringing the world's attention was to gaining freedom for India without using any weapons. In some ways he was the first person to truly understand the importance and power of the public. He has always been an inspiration to me, and it gives me even greater joy and pride to be recognized by his people. I am here today inspiration for my Hinduja. Mr. Hindunja and your lovely family. I love you very much. We have the same mission to bring world peace. Kamal Dunduna has created a great show. Mahnice, thank you for your wonderful costume, I appreciate it very much. I love you all. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Bollywood Humanitarian Award (1999)
Page 1 of 1