Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Michael In 'USA Today' (December 14, 2001)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

2001 - Michael In 'USA Today' (December 14, 2001) Empty
PostSubject: Michael In 'USA Today' (December 14, 2001)   2001 - Michael In 'USA Today' (December 14, 2001) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 am

Michael recently granted an interview to American newspaper 'USA Today'. In the article, which can be found on the USA Today website, the King of Pop speaks candidly about many things, including "Invincible" and fatherhood. Here are some highlights of the interview:

Q: How did you react when Invincible topped the chart here and in a dozen countries?
A: It was a lovely feeling. I cried happy tears to see all the love.

Q: Invincible was several years in the making. Does your perfectionism slow the process?
A: It did take a while because I'm never happy with the songs. I'll write a bunch of songs, throw them out, write some more. People say, "Are you crazy? That's got to go on the album." But I'll say, "Is it better than this other one?" You only get 75 minutes on a CD, and we push it to the limit.

Q: Invincible hasn't enjoyed record-breaking sales. Does Thriller cast too big a shadow?
A: Absolutely. It is tough because you're competing against yourself. Invincible is just as good or better than Thriller, in my true, humble opinion. It has more to offer. Music is what lives and lasts. Invincible has been a great success. When The Nutcracker Suite was first introduced to the world, it totally bombed. What's important is how the story ends.

Q: How has fatherhood changed you?
A: In a huge way. You have to value your time differently, no doubt about it. It's your responsibility to make sure they're taken care of and raised properly with good manners. But I refuse to let any of it get in the way of the music or the dance or the performing. I have to play two different roles. I always wanted to have a big family, ever since I was in school. I was always telling my father I would outdo him. He had 10 children. I would love to have like 11 or 12 myself.

Q: What have you taught your children?
A: I try to make sure they're respectful and honorable and kind to everybody. I tell them, no matter what they do, work hard at it. What you want to do for a lifetime, be the best at it.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Michael In 'USA Today' (December 14, 2001)
Page 1 of 1