Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MTV Rally Phone Interview (November 16, 2004)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

MTV Rally Phone Interview (November 16, 2004) Empty
PostSubject: MTV Rally Phone Interview (November 16, 2004)   MTV Rally Phone Interview (November 16, 2004) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:01 am

Below follows a transcript of Michael Jackson phoning into the MTV Rally in New York on November 11, 2004:

Geraldo: I think we may have on the telephone right now, a surprise caller in his first live interview on Network Television in at least a year, as far as I know. I believe Michael Jackson is there. Are you there, Michael?

Michael: How are you Geraldo... Hello?

Geraldo: Ok buddy, let me ask you... How do you feel, Michael, about the continuing support you´ve gotten from your fans despite all you´ve gone through.

Michael: Well, Geraldo, its because of my fans that I am calling you today. I mean, I feel they are the best fans in the world and I decided rather than having anyone else speak for me that I would do it myself you know. And I want to thank my fans for their strong support over the years.

They could have been anywhere today, you know, and they chose to be in New York in Times Square. And I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. They have written thousands and thousands of letters, and have made hundreds of calls regarding the Eminem video. And I love them so, so much. In London over 4000 people showed up on my behalf.

And I want to thank Reverend Jesse Jackson, Reverend Al Sharpton, Minister Farrakhan, The Source, Steve Harvey, Bob Johnson and BET, Jesse Hughes and Radio One, and all the many others who have supported me.

And Geraldo, I want to also thank you for your friendship and everything, all the wonderful things you have been doing. Thank you so, so much.

I made my feelings clear about the Eminem video. I think that it's demeaning and disrespectful, and I also want to make it clear that it's not just about Michael Jackson...but a pattern of disrespect that he has shown to our community. He needs to stop it, and he needs to stop it now.

Geraldo: Michael, let me just say that I support you because I believe that you are getting a raw deal. Not just by Eminem, but in a lot of other aspects of life that I don´t need to mention. But let me go on the positive side for a minute. What do you have coming up? Anything that we can announce to these people? Something that can give them some optimism?

Michael: Yes, I´m always working on wonderful music. I´ve been working on several albums right now, I´ve been working on music today. I´m working on something as we speak Geraldo, and I´m in the process of making plans to do some other wonderful things that I´ll be announcing to the fans very, very soon. And I look forward to that Geraldo, you know. And I´ll give you a call too, soon.

Geraldo: I bet you do, I bet you do. Ok, please do. But before I let you go...anything else you want to say?

Michael: I love my fans, I love you. And thank you so much for being there on my behalf. And thank you Geraldo again, thank you so so much.

Geraldo: Ok Michael, thank you. Thanks for calling in. Michael Jackson everybody.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

MTV Rally Phone Interview (November 16, 2004)
Page 1 of 1