Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ Empty
PostSubject: Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ   Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:52 am

"During one show on our Dangerous World Tour, I decided to surprise Michael by appearing on-stage wearing a blond wig to sing our duet, 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You'. Check out Michael's reaction!"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/siedahgarrett3
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ   Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ 01-80

Michael once showed up to rehearsal wearing a pair of mismatched sox. When I asked him about it, he explained that he got dressed in a rush. The next day at rehearsal, he made a point to show me his sox. Excitedly pointing to his feet, he said, "Look, Sid." I looked down responding, "Yeah, Michael, they match each other, but they don't match with nothin' else you've got on!"

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ 02-65

Michael had a childlike sense-of-humor. While in the studio recording our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", he began tossing popcorn in my face in an effort to make me mess-up. Producer Quincy Jones, not seeing this, began to chastise me for flubbing the takes. Michael, on the other hand, was just CRACKING UP! Love you MJ.

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ 03-51

One day Michael asked me, "Sid, why do black girls move their necks from side to side sometimes when they're telling you something?" I said, "That's so you can have something to focus on while you are bein' read!"

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ 04-40

After Michael approved the song demo of “Man In The Mirror”, Quincy asked me to come to the studio to record a new guide vocal in a lower key. Michael came in and personally videotaped the entire session. Totally surreal! But, can you imagine what other rare footage is stored in his vaults?

When I asked him why, [he videotapes] he remarked, “because I love your energy and the way you sing it, and I want to sing it just like you.” I said, “Yeah, right, Mike, my friends are actually gonna believe me when I tell them that Michael Jackson said HE wants to sing like ME.”

I was always moved by the fact that Michael, in spite of all of his fame and success, continued to maintain a humble spirit and demeanor. Whenever we were in the studio together, he always made me feel that he could learn as much from me as I could learn from him.

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ 05-34

We were in Romania on the "Dangerous World Tour." At one point in the show, all of the music would stop, and everyone on stage would freeze. One night I froze bent at the hip with my bottom in the air. Next thing I knew, MJ stood behind me and gave me one good spank on the bottom. I popped up like a jack-in-the-box! He knew I wasn't expecting that. The look of shock on my face was priceless as he giggled and danced away. The next time I saw him, he asked me how I felt about it. My response? "Why didn't you use BOTH hands?!" LOL!

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ 06-32

One night while on stage performing our duet “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You”, I accidentally sang Michael’s part. Then when it came time for him to sing, he gave me a look like “WTF?”
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Siedah Garrett III: Memories of MJ
Page 1 of 1