Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson Empty
PostSubject: DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson   Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:56 am

DJ Whoo Kid in Bahrain: Michael Jackson, Tyson Beckford, John Legend and The Shiekh

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 01-78

In October 2006, I was booked to DJ the Formula 1 race and afterparty in Bahrain for Sheikh Abdullah Bin Hamad Isa Al-Khalifa. Unfortunately, I lost my passport in Dubai airport on my way there, so thank Allah for the Prince Al Khalifa III who got me passed security with no ID (due to the fact his uncle owned the airport anyway!)

Many famous wierdos were driving in the celebrity race before the Formula 1 started. John Legend was one of them. Other famous wierdos like Tyson Beckford were too busy doing breakdancing battles against the locals while I was djing. Fucking hilarious!

My stay at the lavish hotel was up, so the Sheikh invited me to stay over at his palace… and Pow!!! There goes Michael Jackson, sipping on lemonade by the pool! I was so shocked, but cool at the same time, because I didn’t want to turn myself into a groupie.
He thought I was so funny that he refrained from leaving to go to his pad, which was next door to the Sheikh. The Sheikh was happy that I made Mike so comfortable, so he invited the rest of the crew (who were at the after-party the night before) for dinner !

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 02-64

John Legend,Tyson Beckford, BIG and my good pal DJ Dirt T were in attendance . Me and Mike spoke on Eminem‘s retirement, 50 Cent‘s accomplishments and lamb ass (dinner) at the royal table . That’s why you see crazy food behind us in that pic.

I also put him on the phone with 50, who was in Morocco filming a movie with Samuel L Jackson. When Mike gave me the phone back, 50 ended the conversation with a big “Fuck you!” and hung up! LOL! All I know is the man that I met was cool and down to earth.

You can tell that Michael was tired of people speaking to him properly as if he was a child. He wanted some Black homeys to bring him back to reality. Â It felt good for him to curse and laugh, and relate to people who came up the way he did.
For seven hours he wasnt hanging with lawyers or managers, just cool people who genuinely love his work and didn’t need anything from him . All we wanted was to know who the real Michael Jackson is, and we got it that night.
Too bad the only pic we missed was the Tyson Beckford dance battle against MJ – fucking classic!

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 03-50

Source: http://www.radioplanet.tv/dj-whoo-kid-in-bahrain/

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 06, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson   Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:59 am

DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson By Shaheem Reid

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 04-39

DJ says M.J. is a Kanye fan and may want to collaborate with 50.

If DJ Whoo Kid could pull off a collaboration between 50 Cent and the deceased Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac, why couldn't he unite 50 and Michael Jackson on wax?

According to the DJ, who recently spent several hours with the King of Pop in Bahrain, it's a very real possibility.

Whoo Kid just came back from spending some time in the Persian Gulf nation with its ruler, Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, the Sheikh's son, John Legend, model Tyson Beckford and Jackson. Whoo Kid said he and Mike became so tight on the trip that he's trying to orchestrate a collaboration between 50 and M.J.

"I [saw] Michael Jackson sitting by the pool sippin' lemonade," Whoo Kid recalled of the beginning of his day with the royal family and others in Bahrain. "They didn't tell me he was going to be there — I didn't even expect Michael to be in the country. So I'm like 'F---ing Michael Jackson is here, sippin' lemonade!'

"I said 'What's up?' to him and acted like I wasn't groupie-sized. I gave him respect for all the sh-- he did, but in my head I was going crazy. He said, 'I'm just chillin' ' — he actually said 'chillin'!' F---ed my head up, so I walked away from him. Everybody gave him his respectful space."

Whoo Kid said he originally connected with Bahrain's royal family after he was recommended to DJ their parties by mutual contacts, including the Prince of Monaco and Seif Khadafy, son of Libyan dictator Moammar ("They're huge G-Unit fans," the DJ said).

During his trip, Whoo Kid also found himself invited to dinner with the sheik, Legend and Jackson. Apparently people were giving Jackson too much space at dinner — there was an empty seat next to him, which other guests were evidently too intimidated to fill. Finally Jackson, who'd laughed at some of Whoo Kid's jokes earlier in the day, called the DJ over to sit with him.

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 05-33

"Mike was like, 'Whoo Kid, come sit over here,' the DJ said in a high-pitched voice, mimicking Jackson. "I was like poinng! He was supposed to be there for like 45 minutes; he stayed for five hours. We was talking about Eminem. He was like, 'Is Eminem really retired?' I forgot that Eminem totally cremated him in one video ['Lose It'], but [Michael] didn't even bring it up. Then he started talking about 50."

Whoo Kid said that Jackson expressed some interest not only in working with 50 but also Kanye West on a new album. Whoo Kid arranged a phone conversation between Fif and M.J. awhile later.

As for the dinner itself, Whoo Kid said he was acting as a dietary and fashion consultant to Jackson.

"They had a whole lamb they brought to the table and Mike was eating some weird vegetables," Whoo Kid said. "I told Mike, 'You better get up on some of this lamb.' I said, 'Let me get some of this lamb ass.' The Sheikh was dying [laughing] because I kept saying 'lamb ass.'

"You can't talk to Mike all fluffy like everyone does," he continued. "I got him to curse — he said 'sh--.' I told him he needs to cut his hair, get some million-dollar earrings, get a million-dollar watch and take all them spaceship clothes off. He said, 'I have to change my whole outlook.' He said he was trying to work out."

When his schedule permits, Whoo Kid says he plans to go back to Bahrain and hopefully record with Jackson for one of his mixtapes — a 50/ Michael Jackson collaboration is tops on his wish list. In the meantime, Whoo Kid has a slew of mixtapes dropping soon: There's one with Freeway coming (the prince is said to be making an appearance on that one), Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent and new CDs from Mase and Mobb Deep.

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1527043/dj-whoo-kid-chills-with-michael-jackson.jhtml

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 06, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson   Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:00 am

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson   Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:04 am

DJ Whoo Kid On Hanging With Michael Jackson, Ja Rule

In DJ Whoo Kid’s list of all-time surreal moments (which must be a long list), to have Michael Jackson ask him to kick it at the mall must certainly rank at the top. The orchestrator of the Bad Season mixtape talked to us about his time with The King of Pop in Bahrain, when fate intervened and had him chilling with the star-of-stars himself, who has always been a huge influence on Tech N9ne. Whoo Kid’s surreal account gives a glimpse into MJ seen only by the very few that knew him on a personal level, as the two maneuvered through palaces, shopping malls, and the Arabian desert together as human beings rather than as celebrities. Whoo touches on the MJ/50 Cent collaboration that never happened and also shares his take on Ja Rule’s latest prison sentence for a weapons charge, reminding him that “What goes around, comes around.”

You were talking before about Michael Jackson, I was reading about that, when you guys hung out in Bahrain.

Yeah, that was weird man. That was like, the ultimate.

You said you guys kicked it on kind of a personal level.

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 06-31

Yeah, it wasn’t like a fan meeting Michael Jackson. I’m very personally hooked up with the Sheikh over there–Abdullah, that’s one of my boys–because he has a label. I gave him a list of people to work with, blah blah blah. He never, for some reason, told me that Michael Jackson was under his label. I guess he’s on another level, where he doesn’t really need to tell me. Me, losing my passport, I had to go stay at his palace or whatever. Michael Jackson was next door. He (Abdullah) said “Go to the pool. Everything’s there: food, women, whatever you want…enjoy.” But I didn’t know Michael Jackson was at that pool! He just happened to walk over just to hang out. I was like “Yo man! What the hell?” When you randomly walk in and see that, how do you react to that? Inside my head I was going nuts but I didn’t want him to think I was crazy so I said “What’s up? I respect you” blah blah blah. I was more shocked because he had on like…shorts! He had white shorts! Maybe it’s me: I thought he’d have a skin problem in his face and his hands, I would never think his legs is white, you know what I’m saying? We got cool. I didn’t talk to him like the way the manager and everybody else was talking to him. Everybody was talking to him like he was a little kid or whatever but I was like “What up kid! Yo!” Blah blah blah. I gave him his space. I called Tyson Beckford. He came through because he stayed with me while I was stuck. He had three days to hang out, him and his boy. I said “Come on here! I got to show you something!” So Tyson Beckford came. He’s like “Yo, what the fuck!?“ So we gave him his space and we’re talking to each other and all the sudden Michael Jackson’s just laughing on the side listening to our conversation, and he just came over and started hanging with us, and then all the sudden he’s like “Yo, Whoo Kid, let’s go to the mall!” I was like “Huh?” We just went to the mall, but there’s a law in Bahrain, like no one can touch Michael Jackson. He had his robe and everything but people saw him and just stayed away. The main Sheikh or whatever, or prince, made a law: you see him, don’t bother him. Usually if you’re walking the mall, everything’s shut down. We’re going to Starbucks, we’re chilling, going to look at wierd clothes, and fake religion, true religion–I don’t know what we were looking at…we were just hanging out at the mall. We just came back, ate, and we were just chopping it up the whole time. I was like “Yo, 50 Cent is doing a movie in Morocco, which is not too far from Bahrain.” Let me call 50 and put both of them on the phone. So I put both of them on the phone and they start chopping it up and then I get back on the phone and 5o’s like “Fuck you!” and hangs up on me, because he’s never met Michael Jackson. Like, I met him first so it was fucking surreal for him to be on the phone with Michael Jackson. John Legend, who was flown in to do a record with him for that label, he came back that evening to eat dinner. We were all eating dinner but I didn’t know that John Legend’s manager was Ja Rule’s ex-manager. So I’m over here making fun of Ja Rule in front of Michael Jackson who was actually laughing at the shit. I was like “I think Ja Rule’s in the dungeon–we’re in the palace! I bet Ja Rule’s in one these dungeons!” and Michael Jackson was laughing like “Ha ha ha! Ah ha ha!” and my boy’s trying to kick me under the table like “Whoo Kid! That’s fucking Ja Rule’s ex-manager over there!” I was like “What!?” The walls came crashing down…it spoke to me man. That’s when I started believing in this thing called fate: why everything happens for a reason. I could have just had my passport, threw the event for the prince, and leave the next day but I lost my passport and it forced me to be there an extra four or five days to get through all the red tape to get a passport for me to get back home. Fate led me to go there, hang out at the palace, meet him. I interviewed Quincy Jones the other day he was like “Yo, I can’t believe you really hung out with him like that. He doesn’t usually like talking to people.”

I mean he invited you to go to the mall. I don’t think there’s too many people who can say that.

I mean he got so comfortable with me that even at the prince’s table–they have a big circular table…during the dinner everybody sat where they had to sit. The prince, the prince’s wife–Michael Jackson was sitting next to the prince and there was an open seat but I went to sit with Tyson and whoever else was there. Michael Jackson was like “Whoo Kid! Come sit over here?” because the seat was open but nobody dared sit there but he was like “Whoo Kid! Come sit over here?” I was like “huh?” So I went over there to sit over there and then that’s when I started going in on Ja Rule and making fun of him and he’s fucking over there in the Emirate area. The Arabs they have this Indian service, like all the service are Indian so they brought this lamb, this big lamb ass. So they put this big lamb ass in front of me and Michael Jackson. I’m like “Damn! That’s a big lamb ass!” The prince who really doesn’t laugh was dying, because there was all this royal-type bullshit going on, and I’m like “Yo, why is it so fucking quiet in here!?” So the prince–it was like a movie, an Eddie Murphy movie–slapped his hands and the walls opened and all these big screen TVs just like, showing MTV and music videos. Shakira was on so I was like “Oh shit, Shakira!” and Michael Jackson was like “Who’s that?” and I was like “What!? You don’t know who Shakira is?” That’s how I know how conserved he was. Like, he really was in a cage. He didn’t even know who Shakira was!

Right.

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 07-20

After that, he got so comfortable. We took photos–like, he don’t even take photos. We took mad photos and to top it off–we were so bugged out–to top it off: Tyson Beckford, who’s a fucking idiot, battled him in a moonwalk dance and he did a backspin–it’s sand out there, we’re in a desert, and he’s doing a backspin on the sand. It was too much for me man!

Who won?

Nah, Michael Jackson just kept laughing, he didn’t want to battle him. [Tyson] was like “I’ve been waiting for this for years, and I’m giving it to him right now!” and started battling him and he did the moonwalk and finished it with a backspin on the sand. I was like “This guy’s a fool yo!” If you ever meet him, you ask him that. It was fucking ridiculous man.

Just real quick: is that how the 50 Cent and Michael Jackson collaboration came to be? I know he’s on that “Monster” record right now.

Back then it was supposed to be a secret. Me, I’ve been doing secretive collabos for years, the P.I.M.P. remix with 50, the 2Pac and 50 joint, and then Biggie/50, Sean Paul/50: I did a lot of historical collabos that involve 50, but I wanted Michael Jackson just to do some hooks and have 50 do a hardcore freestyle and then Michael Jackson will do an ill hook, like a hardcore hook. Michael Jackson’s management got so excited that I was setting this up, because I called [50], like “do you want to do this?” He was like “Yeah, I want to do this!” It was 50′s management on his side that kind of fucked it up because they deaded the collabos because I guess they assumed that they were going to do a like, “We Are The World”, or some kind of love song or something. They didn’t give me a chance to really get it cracking. They were going to fly me back out there and I was going to choose a whole bunch of hooks and bring it back to 50 but 50′s dumb management deaded it. At that time [Michael] had that bad press, that child molestation shit, and then they didn’t want a horrible record, because I think [Michael] had a record that came out but didn’t do anything. He had a real record out and nobody gave a fuck. They thought that it was going to be something similar to that so they done deaded it. I couldn’t believe it. Like, they deaded that! So, and then, the combination of him beefing with Sheikh Abdullah–he left town and went to London. So now, he’s gone. Once he leaves and disappears you gotta deal with a whole new group of people that I don’t even know. I finally got hooked up with whoever was with him, because remember he had a hundred shows or some shit like that in London, so I was going to go there, film him, and hang out with him after one of his shows in London, but then of course he died.

Yeah. Man, it’s too bad. So that track that come out on the record that just came out, that’s something separate?

Yeah, that’s separate. That’s whatever production he did after that, that they had laying around, and they just threw 50 on. That’s just them getting 50 on the record. I called Quincy Jones and was like “Yo, what’s up with this project? What’s the deal?” and Quincy was like “Man, I don’t got nothing to do with this shit.” I was like “Okay…peace!”

Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson 08-16

Source: http://blog.therealtechn9ne.com/2011/01/tech-n9ne/exclusive-dj-whoo-kid-talks-hanging-with-michael-jackson-ja-rule-incarceration-audio/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson   Michael - DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DJ Whoo Kid Spends An Evening In Bahrain 'Chillin' ' With Michael Jackson
Page 1 of 1