Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG! Empty
PostSubject: My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG!   My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG! Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:44 am

My name is Samira from Muscat and I'm 33 years old. I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson since I was four years old. When I was little I was a fan of Shakin’ Stevens also but somehow , I think it was in 1980, I fell in love with Michael's voice. The songs which I recall from back then are 'One day in your life and I can't help it. But then Thriller came out and got me started. God, I loved Michael Jackson from there onwards. I never get bored watching this clip but nowadays it's hard to get The Making of Thriller on DVD! Back in those years everything was on video tapes and yes, it was easy to get it.

Thriller also became my favourite album. I still have so many cassettes at home for it's hard to get this stuff on CDs here! I also started collecting his pictures from newspapers, magazines, posters etc and still do until this very day. I'm always looking forward to something new from Michael. His music is amazing. You can dance to the tune yet his music relaxes your mind. And I simply love his dance moves! This man was so gifted and talented.

I never saw Michael live in concert but I did watch all the concerts on DVD and wow they are magic. I never get bored watching the Bad and Dangerous tours on DVD. Here in my office I even set up a screen saver with Michael Jackson on it, too.

During all those years of being a fan I always said to myself that one day I will meet Michael Jackson in person. And believe it or not but my dream really did come true when Michael visited Oman in 2005.

At first it was just a rumour that he was in town but I didn't believe it! But as the rumours kept on I got suspicious. I knew that tracking Michael down, would be like mission impossible, but I thought if he indeed is here I just have to meet him!

So, my friend Fahad and I went to the Grand Hyatt Hotel. There we waited for hours & hours it soon became clear that Michael indeed was in the hotel. It was 16th of November, 2005, and my birthday was the following day. Though I didn't give up easily, I really wanted to meet my idol in person!

The following day (my birthday) I called the hotel and asked if it was possible to speak to Michael Jackson. Of course, the receptionist refused, and added that Michael didn't want to be disturbed.

So another day passed without any sight of Michael and I was growing desperate yet at the same time very determined so I called the hotel again. This time I asked the receptionist about Michael Jackson's whereabouts and luckily found out that Michael was going to be at the Al Bustan Place Hotel tomorrow!
Next day I was at my station in NSC (Network Service Centre), anxiously waiting by the clock, counting down the minutes, so that I could pursue my mission. Finally it was time and I went to the Al Bustan Place Hotel togeher with Fahad. We waited for so long but nothing happned. Though exhasted and tried I nevertheless decided to return the next day.

It was Sunday when I returned to wait in the lobby of the Al Bustan hotel. I prepared for a long wait but suddenly a security guard approached me. It was the same one that I saw at the Hyatt few days ago. He said, You haven't seen him yet?, Come with me and I'll introduce you! I froze and couldn't believe what he had just said to me.

But indeed, a few moments later, there he was wearing a red shirt and black trousers, his hair open and staring at me through his black sunglasses. My first reaction was to walk to Michael and give him a hand shake & kiss his cheeks. I said, HI I'm Samira and I'm a big fan!

It really was a pity that I didn't have a camera with me, but it all happened so fast. However I managed to get his autograph, Love always, Michael Jackson. He wrote on the inside cover of his book. He was simply amazing and so kind. I will never forget that day of meeting my idol.

Finally my Mission Impossible was complete!

I MET MICHAEL JACKSON!
Samira Harib Mohd Al Maskry, fan from Oman

My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG! 01-139

My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG! 02-96

My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG! 03-67

My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG! 04-49
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

My first Reaction was to Run to Michael and give Him a HUG!
Page 1 of 1