Michael Jackson Fan Appreciation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heal The World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Halloween Interview (October 30, 2003)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Halloween Interview (October 30, 2003) Empty
PostSubject: Halloween Interview (October 30, 2003)   Halloween Interview (October 30, 2003) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am

On October 30, Michael Jackson got up early (no easy job for Michael who readily admits to being nocturnal) to talk with Los Angeles disk jockey, Rick Dees. Michael talks about his plans for Halloween trick or treating with Prince, Paris, and Blanket and his favorite candy, among other things.

You can check it out at http://www.rick.com/. You are going to love it! Below follows a transcript of the conversation:

Rick Dees: Hey Buddy, I miss you.

Michael Jackson: I miss you too.

Rick Dees: Aww, you looked great the other night on tv the other nigh and also, before we get into this world premiere, a lot of people are calling for this already. Thank you so much for allowing us to premiere it.

Michael Jackson: What a wonderful man you are. Thank you so much.

Rick Dees: Oh, you’re so welcome. Are you on the ranch now?

Michael Jackson: No, I’m out still doing some business out of town.

Rick Dees: I can barely hear you.

Michael Jackson: Still doing meetings and things. I’m not back in California yet, I’ll be there soon.

Rick Dees: Good, good deal. So you obviously don’t get up at seven twenty in the morning do you?

Michael Jackson: No [laughs] I usually work all night. I usually go to bed this time.

Rick Dees: Mike You’re a night person. Last time I saw you had stayed up all night and written about four different songs.

Michael Jackson: Yeah, I’m very nocturnal.

Rick Dees: Yeah, you’re a very nocturnal guy (laughter). This is your day coming up I mean If it’s not Halloween for Michael Jackson then it’s not for anybody.

Michael Jackson: [laughs] Right

Rick Dees: Are you going to go out and trick or treat?

Michael Jackson: Yes, I’m going trick or treating. Taking my children.

Rick Dees: Do they have costumes?

Michael Jackson: Yes.

Rick Dees: What are they? We’ve got Prince and Paris and Tito?

Michael Jackson: Prince, Paris, and Blanket. Prince wants to be the black panther. And Paris, who is the girl, she’s a tomboy. She wants to be spiderman. And the little one wants to be spiderman too. And I’m going to be a ghost.

Rick Dees: Oh yeah!

Michael Jackson: [laughs]

Rick Dees: This ghost. Listen if you get a chance, I mean you’re in the neighborhood, I have these huge beautiful candy apples and the long, huge, candy bars - the ones that no one gives out, the movie size candy bars like you serve at your place there, so come on in..I’d love to throw down a little something for Prince and Paris and the Ghost.

Michael Jackson: Oh, they would love it!

Rick Dees: Do you have a favorite chocolate, Michael?

Michael Jackson: I like.. uhm ... believe it or not, milk chocolate.

Rick Dees: You said milk chocolate?

Michael Jackson: Yes [laughs].

Rick Dees: I love milk chocolate

Michael Jackson: Me too [laughs].

Rick Dees: You know what I did this week Michael? I um, I have to confess - these kids came by here and sold 1,000 dollars worth of chocolate to the radio station.

Michael Jackson: Wow.

Rick Dees: I said I was donating it to charity. I did all except for 30 candy bars - I’ve been eating chocolate for thirty days. Every morning. I’ve got this thing about milk chocolate.

Michael Jackson: You ate the candy? [laughs]

Rick Dees: I ate the candy!

Michael Jackson: I’m sorry [still laughing...]

Rick Dees: Last time I was at your place I was got so hungry and this chef goes in here and I could smell this wonderful vegetarian pizza all afternoon and - there’s candy everywhere at Neverland. There’s candy everywhere in your home. I love that. I just love that. When you walk into Michael Jackson’s place it’s fresh candy and there’s the fragrance in his home - it's a cross between chocolate and vanilla and there’s a kind of buttery smell and fragrance - I could definitely hang out

Michael Jackson: Well you’re welcome anytime.

Rick Dees: Thanks! Thank you so much.

Michael Jackson: You’re always welcome.

Rick Dees: Did you have breakfast yet?

Michael Jackson: Pardon? [Laughter]

Rick Dees: What’s that? He doesn’t know what that is?
Listen Michael, we have this bet going on and you can certainly tell me 'No'. I’m going to end up playing 'Thriller' a tremendous number of times between now and this time tomorrow. And of course, your world premiere. People are calling for this song over over and over - ’What More Can I Give?'

Michael Jackson: Oh, God Bless them. It’s for the children. It’s so important.

Rick Dees: I’m trying to get something for the kids. Is there anyway you can say, "Hey what’s up. It’s Michael Jackson with Rick Dees as my Halloween gift to you. Here’s Thriller". Obviously, I’m going to warn you in advance, I’m going to tape it if you will say that.

Michael Jackson: Okay, I’ll do it for you.

Rick Dees: Okay, here we go. Use your own words if you want but with good energy like you’re on the Mike Douglas show for the first time.

Okay, 3 - 2 - 1

Michael Jackson: Hi, this is Michael Jackson with Rick Dees, Halloween. This is Thriller - enjoy it.

Rick Dees: Good, now just say 2003 Halloween.

Michael Jackson: Okay, 2003 Halloween with Rick Dees.

Rick Dees: Awwww! [claps] That’s like heaven. Okay. That one lost the bet. I was saying you probably might not do it.
Let’s go back to the song for just a second. It’s been some time putting together. And did it come to you at once or was it something you were working on with the tune and everything for a period of time?

Michael Jackson: No, it just came at once. Uhm, art of songwriting is a totally different art. It really is. It really is a gift from God. It really is. I feel guilty putting my name on it. It falls into my lap. It’s a gift from Heaven. It really is.

Rick Dees: It’s just a gift, isn’t it?

Michael Jackson: It really is.

Rick Dees: Wow, so between now and the holidays are you going to stick around home, you gonna head back to Haveynhurst avenue ever?

Michael Jackson: Uhm, I think we’re going overseas.

Rick Dees: Yeah, so much goes on over there. Once you hit the tarmak like in London or Paris, it doesn’t stop, does it?

Michael Jackson: It doesn’t. We go to London, and Ireland, and then we go over to Africa and then we come back.

Rick Dees: Where do they get the craziest? I saw some shots in the Budican also in Japan where they’re carrying people out and everything. Does it get craziest in Japan or where?

Michael Jackson: To tell you the honest truth, Rick: It’s the same wherever we go. It really is. The love and appreciation is so wonderful. The fans are so happy and animated and it just touches my heart. It’s love. I pray is what I do. I thank God.

Rick Dees: Any word on whether or not you’re going to put together a tour for 2004 or is it too early to tell?

Michael Jackson: I don’t think so. We are really concentrating in other areas now. You never know, it might be a special event for something.

Rick Dees: Good deal. We’ll certainly keep it open for you.
All those beautiful babies, are there plans for any more babies in your life?

Michael Jackson: Oh, I’m going to have a big family. I wanna have more and more children -I’ll double my father

Rick Dees: You wanna beat your dad?

Michael Jackson: I am.

Rick Dees: He’s the father of our country.

Michael Jackson: [laughter]

Rick Dees: Michael Jackson is here -doesn’t it feel great to hear it on the radio?

Michael Jackson: Yes.
Back to top Go down
https://mjfa.forumotion.com

Halloween Interview (October 30, 2003)
Page 1 of 1